GMT400 - Community Scan Tool

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LTC_

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Alright, everything is looking OK, I'm chalking the 4WD Low signal issue up to a scanner read fault. Whoever gets it next, if you have a K truck let me know if you see a similar result. Who's next, looks like @HopHead357? If someone else is in front sing up and we'll get this moving along.
I have a K1500. I'll look out for the fault. I'll send you my info

Raycecar

Reaction score
Nope...I'm before Hophead357. Here's the current list as I see it on past posts...
@LTC
@N9nefingers
@HopHead357@any4xx
@bugdewde
@Piratehunter
@Illbedipped
@Raycecar
Hello All, I would like to hop in line for the scan tool after @Illbedipped
I recently purchased a 99 k2500 that has been sitting for awhile. Starts right up but gets hot after a few minutes idling. CEL is on and I’d like to just verify all the sensors and everything.
If I could get on the list it would be much appreciated! Hats off to OP, This is an awesome thing!

RichLo

E I E I O
Reaction score
@Raycecar
Hello All, I would like to hop in line for the scan tool after @Illbedipped
I recently purchased a 99 k2500 that has been sitting for awhile. Starts right up but gets hot after a few minutes idling. CEL is on and I’d like to just verify all the sensors and everything.
If I could get on the list it would be much appreciated! Hats off to OP, This is an awesome thing!

Would you mind please posting an intro thread with some history on your truck and pictures? A first post asking for this scanner is kind of what people were worried about in the first couple pages of this thread.

Illbedipped

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm in need of a scanner like this to diagnose idle problems on my 92 C2500 (5.7, 700R4) I recently acquired. It's only got 105k and original paint. Motor and trans appear unmolested with zero mods. Would this SnapOn scanner help with this problem since it doesn't seem to be throwing and codes?

The issue I am having is when it is fully warmed up, it seems to miss or skip a beat about once every 20-30 seconds. I do not notice it while driving, only while idling in park or in gear (drive or reverse). It has never quit running while doing this, even with the AC running. The truck starts easily and warms up in about 10 minutes. I have replaced both of the coolant temp sensors and the thermostat. The temp gauge stays about 150 when warmed up. I also replaced the cap and rotor with AC Delco parts, the old ones appeared to be in good shape, maybe 4-5 years old. From here, I am considering the fuel pressure regulator or fuel filter just because I think they are original.

I check the OBD blinking light and only count 12, 12 12 so no codes. What other troubleshooting steps can I take before throwing any more parts at her?
You must be registered for see images attach

My going-to-town rig is driving and running better after a full tune up. I am still getting an intermittent SES light after highway driving for a while. I will wait my turn for the OBD1 scanner.

LTC_

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I still have it. Need to get some things straightened out before i pass it on. Please be patient, weather and free time have not cooperates with each other lately