GMT400 2WD Lift Guide.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

matad311

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Have you installed the ball joint spacers? Was it for alignment issues?

No I haven’t installed them yet. But in theory they should work. I just purchased them and I’m currently in the process of rebuilding the entire front end of my truck. So I will be installing them here in a couple weeks.

Now a guy on a Facebook page said they solved his alignment issues and used 1.5” spacers (custom made) but he had the 4” spindles with 2” coil spacers and a body lift I believe so he was stretching his suspension big time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TacosnBeer

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I had a lifted 2wd back in the day... it was a Fabtec kit: spindles, springs, and tube a-arms. I ran ball joint spacers too... She ran on 35s... B4 I forget, she had a 3" body lift too...
I had to rebuild the entire suspension a couple of times over 5 years. A lot of stress on the ball joints and wear and tear parts. Not a fan of Fabtech as I did snap a spindle and the entire front wheel assembly folded up under the truck.. I contacted them and they wouldnt do anything about it... not even a discount on another pair of spindles... they claimed they weren't theirs (even with their part number stamped on it)... regardless. The truck rode like a Cadillac and I loved it. My advice... re-enforce the gussets where the upper A-arm attaches... mine started cracking from the stress... also, only use Moog ball joints.... don't skimp on them because you will mow through them like I did.

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

JAngeli

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I remember your truck from a few years ago, we communicated a couple of times on the forum as i was doing my truck too. Still have it too. 35's are on but haven't put the spindles on yet , just coils and upper arm. Thinking of finally adding spindles this summer. Been stored in my cabinet for a few years now, just have to make time for it.
Here's your truck from back then.
\

Here's mine.

TacosnBeer

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
OH WOW, small world... Yep, thats my 93.. I had a couple Chevys back then... (my 93 was a Chevy but with a GMC grill). I had an S10 at that time too (not in the picture)... Ahh life was good except at the gas station.

I just saw it on offer up about 2 months ago... HA. looked like it had been beat on but, still together.

JAngeli

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Did you use ball joint spacers on your? I have quite the camber on mine without the spindle lift. How was your alignment with the spindles?

TacosnBeer

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
yeah... you can see them in the pics. Didnt have alignment problems at all!

Oh and for the folks talking about rims.. well, if you look for aftermarket 5 lug Jeep wheels on CL, they are the same bolt pattern and have little more offset to make up for everything. You can usually find some with 33 or 35s already too.... I found my ION rims brand new in the boxes on CL (all 5 for 150) from someone who sold their jeep... new tires and boom! All set for cheap.

Last edited:
Reaction score
No I haven’t installed them yet. But in theory they should work. I just purchased them and I’m currently in the process of rebuilding the entire front end of my truck. So I will be installing them here in a couple weeks.

Now a guy on a Facebook page said they solved his alignment issues and used 1.5” spacers (custom made) but he had the 4” spindles with 2” coil spacers and a body lift I believe so he was stretching his suspension big time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Minus the body lift that's exactly what I'm trying to do. I would like to get the body lift eventually but it as not exactly in the budget right now. I'm hoping it works

matad311

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
To keep this guide going... I wanted to post a link to some Ball Joint spacers I have found. Airbagit.com makes and sells them from there website and found them selling as well on eBay. Was very difficult to find some nowadays. I just bought some to finally and hopefully fix the chamber issue I have with the 4" spindle lift kit from RC. The ones I bought are from the eBay link and I will attach a photo of them. They come with grade 8 bolts as well.

So here's a link to a few different sizes and also 2500/3500 BJ spacers...
https://www.airbagit.com/SearchResults.asp?Search=X2-BJ-GM8898

Here's the eBay link to the ones I purcheses that are 1" thick...
https://www.ebay.com/itm/D-X2-BJ-GM8898-Balljoint-LEVEL-s-Chev-C15-25-5Lug/263669135660?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

So an update on this, I went to assemble the ball joint spacers I bought above ^^ and the included bolts are too short with Mevotech TTX ball joints. The included bolts only engage into the lock nut by a few threads. So you'll need to order longer bolts for those spacers. Here are the ones I ordered from McMaster Carr with the part numbers listed. Should have plenty of thread engagement being 1/2" longer and went for grade 9 hardware instead of grade 8.

Reaction score
I ordered the spacers shown in the picture along with moog hd ball joints from rockauto, I went with proforged for the lowers but have yet to install them. The uppers went pretty smoothly with almost no issues