GMT400 2WD Lift Guide.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kamd90Chevy

Suthrn1
Reaction score
the ad for the 4.5" lift states that the factory wheel "shouldn't" be used but they also said when I called that they were talking specifically about the steelies...for whatever reason they didn't know. but it does clearly state that you will lose turning radius due to the spindle lift. a man would have to call and get specifications on why exactly and look into a remedy, but we installed the lift on a rclb 2500 and his right turn radius was cut about in half. still looking into the fix. but he averages 120+ miles a day and just adjusted to the issue.

95C1500

┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐
Reaction score
rubs the spindle? and spacers should take care of it because I think it's a bs issue

goobs

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
i ran steelies also w/265's no problems anywhere. also the loss of turning radius is due to installing the steering stop, if you dont run it, like i do, you gain steering.
i run h2's w/ 315's and had to grind down the knuckles a lil bit to keep the tire from rubbing, a 1/4 spacer fixed the issue also but i wanted to use the hub centric part of the wheel, so i chose to take them off and grind until the wheel cleared. i have 50k miles on them like this and no issues.

matad311

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
To keep this guide going... I wanted to post a link to some Ball Joint spacers I have found. Airbagit.com makes and sells them from there website and found them selling as well on eBay. Was very difficult to find some nowadays. I just bought some to finally and hopefully fix the chamber issue I have with the 4" spindle lift kit from RC. The ones I bought are from the eBay link and I will attach a photo of them. They come with grade 8 bolts as well.

So here's a link to a few different sizes and also 2500/3500 BJ spacers...
https://www.airbagit.com/SearchResults.asp?Search=X2-BJ-GM8898

Here's the eBay link to the ones I purcheses that are 1" thick...
https://www.ebay.com/itm/D-X2-BJ-GM...e=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

You must be registered for see images attach