GMC or Chevy Grille?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Boots97

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Personally, whatever your truck was originally, stick with that grille (i.e. Chevy grille for Chevy Truck and GMC Grille for GMC Truck) I know the parts are interchangeable, but it bothers me when I see people mix the two together. My Auto Shop teacher had a GMT800 99 GMC Sierra 2500 with Chevy wheels on it and that always bothered me a little.

Erik the Awful

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I know the parts are interchangeable, but it bothers me when I see people mix the two together. My Auto Shop teacher had a GMT800 99 GMC Sierra 2500 with Chevy wheels on it and that always bothered me a little.
Sheesh. Now you're giving me goals. I think I need a GMC grille, a Chevy tailgate, Denali emblems on the side, and some Jeep wheels.

someotherguy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Sheesh. Now you're giving me goals. I think I need a GMC grille, a Chevy tailgate, Denali emblems on the side, and some Jeep wheels.
You gotta go for maximum mix-and-match.

I'll always love these pics of my buddy Rob's truck as we were building it.

It's an '89 cab (gold) on a '94 frame, with the '94 doors (black), '94 Z71 stepside bed (blue), green tailgate off I can't remember, Escalade aftermarket front clip pulled from an '89 dually (maroon), '90 5.7/700R4, etc. etc. and a damn nice gray interior pieced together from several trucks on my yard, though the dash was originally maroon and was painted gray. Oh, and eventually got Suburban door panels so they had the large window switch panels.

You must be registered for see images attach

It did finally end up with a healthy dose of flat black to tie it all together.

Richard

Jeepwalker

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
OP, I think they both look good! But with a slightly greater nod to the GMC grille. Run one for a couple years, then run the other one. It'll kind of spice things up, maybe seem like a 'new' looking truck (...or something like that). LOL

WarHawk919

Reaction score
I can't decide which I like better on my truck

I picked up a Yukon Grille last week and painted the corners and emblem......

Then I decided to paint my Tahoe one and paint the billet inserts......

Crossroads.......Let me know what you guys think

CHEVY

GMC

Re-painted with the correct shade and I matched the corners....let me know what you think

I've always liked the Chevy ones