GMC or Chevy Grille?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Nad_Yvalhosert

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
All chrome early GMC w/one piece side markers with the grille insert painted argent silver.

Maybe even a Pontiac emblem in the center!
Strange that you wrote that... I've always had an affinity for the early 3rd Gen Firebird. Blame the Hoff and Knight Rider for me getting an '84 Trans Am as my first car.
That being said, a Tuned Port Injection manifold, wiring harness, ECM and dual electric fans are waiting for transplantation into a future GMT400 project. Specifically a NASCAR truck series inspired, 2wd longbed, lowered with ground effects, and a tailgate fin spoiler.
Already started with molding in a Firebird, off center Turbo Bulge scoop onto a truck hood. I'd love to put a Pontiac emblem into the grill, and what better grill than a GMC with it's open center?

Dariusz Salomon

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Anybody have any more pictures of the Holden grille? Does the piece with the emblem fit over the Bow Tie on the Chevy grille or is it really a different grille? Saw pictures of a couple of the trucks online; a RHD suburban just looks weirdly cool!
Holden grill looks a chevy grille with a badge slapped on the bar-if you look closely it sticks out. Quickfix from gm tbh.
As to a subject of which grille I'd stick to chevy-I always found GMC one...well like when Jeremy Clarkson was trying to show with his face what Jaguar grille looks like-same kind of aura-take no offence GMC owners.
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Attachments

• Capture+_2021-10-13-09-16-36.png
    Capture+_2021-10-13-09-16-36.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 15
Last edited:

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
Holden grill looks a chevy grille with a badge slapped on the bar-if you look closely it sticks out. Quickfix from gm tbh.
As to a subject of which grille I'd stick to chevy-I always found GMC one...well like when Jeremy Clarkson was trying to show with his face what Jaguar grille looks like-same kind of aura-take no offence GMC owners.
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
That picture is from the Holden Suburban brochure, right? One of the Aussie members sent me it in digital format last year. It's a neat piece! Those trucks are incredibly rare, less than a thousand made over four years. But they were very expensive so I'm sure that was a factor.

Dariusz Salomon

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
That picture is from the Holden Suburban brochure, right? One of the Aussie members sent me it in digital format last year. It's a neat piece! Those trucks are incredibly rare, less than a thousand made over four years. But they were very expensive so I'm sure that was a factor.
Yup-funny thing is I nearly bought one before I bought Tahoe-but it was in Scotland and the gentleman didn't answer my call as he was away. Then I shifted my attention to H3 and he rang me but I wasn't onterested. In the end I bought my z71.
That Holden is a funny "parts bin special" in a sense as dashboard is from Blazer,it has some handles on a pillars and of course being right ******(hand drive lol) it has some things swapped to the other side-I think finding parts for it would be a bit of an issue-most were stock but some would be totaly unavailable.

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
Can you run the GMC grill without the logo. Always like that grill better than the Chevy.
You can, but the stock one has the pattern where the logo goes molded into it, and the holes where it attaches. I think there's billet style inserts for them that cover that up though ( there were when the trucks were newer).

Feintmotion86

Reaction score
Favor if someone has time....what is the distance from the top of the bumper to the bottom of the turn signal on the GMC grille? Want to install some 4" lights, don't want them to interfere too much with the turn signals.