GMC or Chevy Grille?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Shane B

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I've had both on my truck and I just think if you have a chrome bumper then the chrome Chevy grill compliments the chrome bumper. If your bumper is painted then the painted GMC looks better. JMO.

SpeIIingError

Reaction score
Not too sure how well this will hold up, but I spent $17 in a can of chrome paint and heavy duty window screen. Currently I am swapping my 330,*** mile daily motor into my crew cab. If it fires up all good, I'll test out how the cheap VIP grille holds up lol.

I also cut the headlights out and threw LED tape in there for again, a cheap luxury look. I am almost certain it'll fail, but I bought this from my high school's auto shop for $200. Most of the kids in the class broke the other shop cars. This one being in the corner survived quite well. 5 years sitting in there and all that was broken was the lights, grille pieces and someone ripped off the turn signal in the steering column so I parted out my daily in my profile picture for some things.

You must be registered for see images attach

SpeIIingError

Reaction score
You bought a crew cab for $200?! I don't know you but I officially hate you

My apologies if you dislike me, but the shop teacher from my school had one of those days where nothing was going right and the kids who joined auto class just to dick off were grinding his gears, so he told another student and I to start pulling out all of the project cars into the lot for an auction and if they didn't sell they would be crushed. We got all of them out but when he motioned the crew cab I showed him my daily driver (Profile picture) and said I'd put the truck to good use. He knew my old shop teacher from my previous transfer and said if I gave him $200 and had it hauled anywhere but the shop I could have it. All of the kids in the class got in trouble for standing around as my friend and I pulled them all out while it was snowing.

I usually skipped my 2nd period class anyways, but never had I went from the school to my house and back with a car trailer so fast. Nobody had a clue where I was (2nd period we would go drifting by the boat docks) and when they got back it was my truck, a car trailer, and a winch pulling up another truck onto the trailer and strapping it down in the middle of the parking lot (in the middle of the campus) while the bell rang and everyone started break during a snow storm. To make it even funnier, my 2nd period teacher walked up and watched as I finished. I just nodded to him and he smiled then walked inside the cafeteria, then I got in my truck and hauled it home.

By far it was the one of the best experiences looking back, but at the time it was hell to get it home. I had no clue how nice of a truck it was until I unloaded it. I thought it was a long bed at the time because it was buried so far back in the shop.

Every single car in there the students destroyed parts on. The crew cab being overlooked had just a turn signal ripped out, and someone stabbed the lights with a screwdriver.

BowtieBrody

Jesus Murphy!
Reaction score
My apologies if you dislike me, but the shop teacher from my school had one of those days where nothing was going right and the kids who joined auto class just to dick off were grinding his gears, so he told another student and I to start pulling out all of the project cars into the lot for an auction and if they didn't sell they would be crushed. We got all of them out but when he motioned the crew cab I showed him my daily driver (Profile picture) and said I'd put the truck to good use. He knew my old shop teacher from my previous transfer and said if I gave him $200 and had it hauled anywhere but the shop I could have it. All of the kids in the class got in trouble for standing around as my friend and I pulled them all out while it was snowing.

I usually skipped my 2nd period class anyways, but never had I went from the school to my house and back with a car trailer so fast. Nobody had a clue where I was (2nd period we would go drifting by the boat docks) and when they got back it was my truck, a car trailer, and a winch pulling up another truck onto the trailer and strapping it down in the middle of the parking lot (in the middle of the campus) while the bell rang and everyone started break during a snow storm. To make it even funnier, my 2nd period teacher walked up and watched as I finished. I just nodded to him and he smiled then walked inside the cafeteria, then I got in my truck and hauled it home.

By far it was the one of the best experiences looking back, but at the time it was hell to get it home. I had no clue how nice of a truck it was until I unloaded it. I thought it was a long bed at the time because it was buried so far back in the shop.

Every single car in there the students destroyed parts on. The crew cab being overlooked had just a turn signal ripped out, and someone stabbed the lights with a screwdriver.

Where you located at? The truck in your profile picture looks familiar, I'd kill to find a deal like that!

-------

And to keep the topic on track, it's hard to choose really, I run a GMC grille on my K2500, but my dad's dually has the original Chevy grille; and they both look good.

GMTNZ

Reaction score