gmachinz - BUYER BEWARE

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Curt

Sometimes when I close my eyes, I can't see.
Reaction score
**IF THE MODERATORS DISAGREE, PLEASE PM ME**

Hey everybody,

I wish it didn't have to come to this but unfortunately it has. I'm another victim of the lack of communication of @gmachinz . I hoped that the communication problem improved as they were very on top of communication prior to me sending payment on January 22nd. Once they received the money from me, they went dead silent. I had numerous attempts to get in contact with them, but I've had no luck. Every time I send a PM, they log on, and nothing else happens.

Before sending the payment, @gmachinz stated that they were "nearly 2 weeks put on build orders". Going into this knowing I was going to wait a couple weeks before any update, I waited patiently. This was back on January 22nd. Since then I've tried contacting them on: February 5th, 16th, 18th, and 19th. There has been zero replies since they received payment on the 22nd of January.

If @gmachinz is reading this, I did not start this thread with the intention of bashing you. I just would like to know what is going on and why there is a delay. I purchased the kit so I can see better when I drive at night, since I commute from college to home in the dark, and sometimes downpour, with my current semester schedule. It's frightening to drive in the dark when it is raining. People on the forums say you make a great product, and I would like to support that but the lack of communication is troubling.

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Not the first time this has happened with him... That lack of communication looks really, really bad. Sorry to hear that Curt. Make sure you check your PayPal transaction details so you don't miss your chance to open a dispute if it comes to that.

I feel bad for recommending him to people in the past. Multiple users (including yourself) who I've bought from successfully and trust here have had bad experiences with him. I definitely won't be sending any business his way in the future. Super unprofessional.

drag sgt

Reaction score
This is a very timely post as I was looking for a more professionally-looking alternative to the LMC truck HD headlight harnesses and was considering gmachinz.

Are there any other good sources for harnesses out there? I'm not impressed with the LMC one; it's too short to mimic the layout of the stock harness, and uses a cheap rubber loom for most of the harness.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

delta_p

OBS Chevrolet, When Silverado Was A Trim
Reaction score
Here you go https://www.painlessperformance.com/wc/lv.php?sl=30817 probably the best you can get and from a reliable source too.

I put a LMC on a '96 C1500 and didn't have any issue with length. What I didn't like about it is the bulb connectors are cheap plastic and the relays aren't the traditional Bosch style. I went ahead and changed the relays since the wire pins are a direct fit to Bosch style.

BNielsen

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
This is a very timely post as I was looking for a more professionally-looking alternative to the LMC truck HD headlight harnesses and was considering gmachinz.

Are there any other good sources for harnesses out there? I'm not impressed with the LMC one; it's too short to mimic the layout of the stock harness, and uses a cheap rubber loom for most of the harness.

I'm running the LMC harness in my truck, and the 4Hi kit, I absolutely love them although I had to get creative to run it so it looked OEM, and I thought it looked to be pretty deceny quality.

Here you go https://www.painlessperformance.com/wc/lv.php?sl=30817 probably the best you can get and from a reliable source too.

I put a LMC on a '96 C1500 and didn't have any issue with length. What I didn't like about it is the bulb connectors are cheap plastic and the relays aren't the traditional Bosch style. I went ahead and changed the relays since the wire pins are a direct fit to Bosch style.
I was wondering if anyone had changed out the relays; I guess I know what I'll be doing when I get the chance.

------------
I've had the LMC harness in my truck since late Novemeber I believe and other than a wire pink backing out of the low beam connecter I absolutely love it. I regret not installing it sooner.

Curt

Reaction score
Not the first time this has happened with him... That lack of communication looks really, really bad. Sorry to hear that Curt. Make sure you check your PayPal transaction details so you don't miss your chance to open a dispute if it comes to that.

I feel bad for recommending him to people in the past. Multiple users (including yourself) who I've bought from successfully and trust here have had bad experiences with him. I definitely won't be sending any business his way in the future. Super unprofessional.
Yeah, I saw a while back @Z71Hobbs made a thread about gmachinz and the terrible communication. I assumed things had changed because he was very responsive before I sent payment. The second I sent the payment, communication ceased. I'm hoping this thread will open their eyes and they'll get back to me. What makes things worse is that my parents chipped in for this purchase, and the credit card statement arrived in the mail the other day. They asked questions, I had no answers. I warned @gmachinz on Tuesday (2/19) that if I do not receive a reply by the end of today I will be filing a charge back. Fingers crossed they get back to me.

Definitely going to have to look into this if gmachinz doesn't deliver. Like I stated, commuting at night in the rain is frightening.

Curt

Reaction score

I'm glad I was able to warn you. I really wish gmachinz would come through with their side of the deal as his kit looked like the best option. But, if things remain the same then I have no other choice than to look for alternatives.

drag sgt

Reaction score

It could possibly be due to being a diesel vehicle and having more stuff in the way. If I route it the same as the stock lighting harness, I don't have enough wiggle room to mount the relays to the fender. I did find a picture where somebody mounted theirs on the core support behind the grill so that there was ample room. The bulb connectors are pretty weak. I broke a wing off one when feeding them along the bottom of the radiator.

Curt

Reaction score
It could possibly be due to being a diesel vehicle and having more stuff in the way. If I route it the same as the stock lighting harness, I don't have enough wiggle room to mount the relays to the fender. I did find a picture where somebody mounted theirs on the core support behind the grill so that there was ample room. The bulb connectors are pretty weak. I broke a wing off one when feeding them along the bottom of the radiator.
Before I purchased the kit from gmachinz, he mentioned that the relays mount near the drivers side headlight assembly on the core support. Once I get the refund from this chargeback and purchase another HD headlight harness, I'm going to mount the relays there from a different kit.

Kyle89

10-17-22 sober date
Reaction score
**IF THE MODERATORS DISAGREE, PLEASE PM ME**

Hey everybody,

I wish it didn't have to come to this but unfortunately it has. I'm another victim of the lack of communication of @gmachinz . I hoped that the communication problem improved as they were very on top of communication prior to me sending payment on January 22nd. Once they received the money from me, they went dead silent. I had numerous attempts to get in contact with them, but I've had no luck. Every time I send a PM, they log on, and nothing else happens.

Before sending the payment, @gmachinz stated that they were "nearly 2 weeks put on build orders". Going into this knowing I was going to wait a couple weeks before any update, I waited patiently. This was back on January 22nd. Since then I've tried contacting them on: February 5th, 16th, 18th, and 19th. There has been zero replies since they received payment on the 22nd of January.

If @gmachinz is reading this, I did not start this thread with the intention of bashing you. I just would like to know what is going on and why there is a delay. I purchased the kit so I can see better when I drive at night, since I commute from college to home in the dark, and sometimes downpour, with my current semester schedule. It's frightening to drive in the dark when it is raining. People on the forums say you make a great product, and I would like to support that but the lack of communication is troubling.

:ban:him:biggun::dancingpoop: