GM Tech2 Clone Experience?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

volunteerff21

8 Lug Hoarder
Reaction score
Ok dumb question time.

What's the difference between the ones with the Memory Cards vs. CD's?

Do the CD's require a laptop for interface??

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
So five years later I finally bought one. I've been picking through deals on eBay and I found one with all the accessories including the fancy plastic storage case for $350. Probably won't be here until next month, but oh well. Merry Christmas to me I suppose.

Knuckle Dragger

Rascal *****
Reaction score
So five years later I finally bought one. I've been picking through deals on eBay and I found one with all the accessories including the fancy plastic storage case for $350. Probably won't be here until next month, but oh well. Merry Christmas to me I suppose.

We expect a "show and tell"

SirArseFace

Reaction score
what is the package i need to get it to work on american GM cars? they have opel and saab. i do see the GM card but does that cover all north american GM? im looking to get this tool mainly for immobilizer removal (swapping a LQ4 in my GMT400 yukon) and disabling the transmission for manual swaps. will this work for me? what else can i do with this tool?

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
i do see the GM card but does that cover all north american GM?

Yes.

im looking to get this tool mainly for immobilizer removal (swapping a LQ4 in my GMT400 yukon) and disabling the transmission for manual swaps. will this work for me?

I don't have mine yet but I seriously doubt it will do either of those things. Those are jobs for actual tuning software like HPTuners or EFILive.

These Tech 2s are the same diagnostic tools that GM dealerships used. You can communicate with pretty much every sensor and module, but these aren't for modifying things. You can update a PCM with a stock flash from GM using the TIS2000 software and one of these, but that's about it.

SirArseFace

Reaction score
****. i figured it was the same setup the LT1swap guy has. the one who has people send in their PCMS to modify settings on them.

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
****. i figured it was the same setup the LT1swap guy has. the one who has people send in their PCMS to modify settings on them.

Nope, that's aftermarket tuning software. HPTuners and EFILive will do the '98+ PCMS in these trucks. For '96-'97 it's TunerCats or Jet DST.

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
It showed up today, much earlier than expected. Kind of disappointed in the quality of the storage case (it was a nicer one in the pictures). Other than that everything looks fine though. Haven't had a chance to test it out yet, I'm making backups of the TIS2000/documentation DVDs before I mess with anything.

You must be registered for see images attach