GM Tech2 Clone Experience?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I work at a GM dealer, one of the other techs in our shop has one of those. He said it will do everything our genuine Tech2 will do. I've used it a few times. Exactly like the shops, only at a fraction of the price, came with all adapters and the case, can't tell the two apart really. I'm getting one soon. He showed me a few other places online that sells them too.

-Pat

Sent from somewhere in Minnesota

Thanks! That pretty much seals it for me, I'm getting one as soon as my next paycheck rolls around. Appreciate it!

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
For what it's worth, that site looks exactly like a port of DHGate. Pretty sure they come from China, as well. Not that this is a bad thing, just do your research as both places have several listings which may or may not come with certain accessories.

Also be prepared to wait 2-6 weeks on shipping, depending on which method you select. I advise against economy shipping from China if you're not a patient person, slow boating stuff across the ocean can be a little intense. I've had stuff from Shenzen take up to 2 months to get to me if I dont pay a couple dollars extra for air mail.

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Any word on this thing cycling the valves on the ABS module

Oh it definitely will. I haven't ordered it yet but that's one of the main reasons I'm going to.

Nathaniel2g

Rusty Islander
Reaction score
If someone can confirm that the one they buy works, I'll pick one of these up. Just make sure you make the right choice of software - without it you will have a hard time doing anything.