GM Tech2 Clone Experience?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
What the hell is DHGate and why do they want payment via Western Union transfer? Looks sketchy to me. Oh, I see, it's the seller that wants payment that way, and they're surely in China.

Richard

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Yeah DHGate is pretty much the Chinese eBay. I order stuff from them all the time. Western Union is an option, but most sellers accept PayPal or direct CC payments through DHGate themselves. It's plenty secure if you know what you're doing. But yeah, I wouldn't Western Union anyone in China.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
A few guys on the Corvette forum have used them and had good luck. Not much long term info though. There multiple sources for them too.

Tech89

Reaction score
I work at a GM dealer, one of the other techs in our shop has one of those. He said it will do everything our genuine Tech2 will do. I've used it a few times. Exactly like the shops, only at a fraction of the price, came with all adapters and the case, can't tell the two apart really. I'm getting one soon. He showed me a few other places online that sells them too.

-Pat

Sent from somewhere in Minnesota

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
I work at a GM dealer, one of the other techs in our shop has one of those. He said it will do everything our genuine Tech2 will do. I've used it a few times. Exactly like the shops, only at a fraction of the price, came with all adapters and the case, can't tell the two apart really. I'm getting one soon. He showed me a few other places online that sells them too.

-Pat

Sent from somewhere in Minnesota

And these other sources would be.....? :)

Richard