GM Crate Engine

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

pk64f100

Reaction score
JEGS was an excellent experience with GM crate engines and excellent support. I also have friends who work with Karl customs

SUBURBAN5

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Does anybody know of a good forum or write up anywhere that shows the whole process and lists everything that needs to be disconnected from the engine for it to come out?

Just my 2cents. I recently did my ht383 swap. I went ahead and bought these books. I found they were very helpful and kind of like engine swapping for dummies. I was real nervous and worried but what saved my ass was the pictures and the facts it's based on a 350vortec instead of some universal engine removal bull crap or a 100pg manual. I think I got it from scoggin dicky for 20bucks or something. I recommend it. Its simple, torque specs ,and pictures along with tools needed.

Attachments

• 20220115_222111.jpg
    20220115_222111.jpg
    271.7 KB · Views: 25
  • 20220115_222123.jpg
    20220115_222123.jpg
    213.6 KB · Views: 25

dyates99

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just my 2cents. I recently did my ht383 swap. I went ahead and bought these books. I found they were very helpful and kind of like engine swapping for dummies. I was real nervous and worried but what saved my ass was the pictures and the facts it's based on a 350vortec instead of some universal engine removal bull crap or a 100pg manual. I think I got it from scoggin dicky for 20bucks or something. I recommend it. Its simple, torque specs ,and pictures along with tools needed.
Wow that is exactly what I need. But can’t seem to find it anywhere online

dyates99

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Found it on scoggins for $20 and another $20 for shipping. Lol

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
Good to know Scoggin-Dickey is still around. I remember getting Chevy parts advertising flyers from them in the 80s, the early days of crate motors! I think they started out as a Chevy dealer in Lubbock, Texas, and branched out into mail-order parts sales. Evolving to online....

SUBURBAN5

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Good to know Scoggin-Dickey is still around. I remember getting Chevy parts advertising flyers from them in the 80s, the early days of crate motors! I think they started out as a Chevy dealer in Lubbock, Texas, and branched out into mail-order parts sales. Evolving to online....
Wow never knew that. I found them by youtube when I was searching random gmt400 vids