gifts and curses

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SSW1

Reaction score
Where do I start...I was gifted this truck last week after years of teasing my uncle about ever needing a place to drop it off, he could leave it with me. As my fantastic luck would have it, my wife lost her job the next day. As it is, the truck isn't costing me anything to keep. On the other hand, it's a sore spot with her because she hates my happiness (There's too much **** in the yard already). I'm not trying to sell the truck, but just introducing my self and at the same time asking what some of you more knowledgeable people would pay for a truck in it's condition. If this is the wrong place to do so, my bad and let me know.

It's a 92 4.3 with a 5 speed. cab corners are rusted, drivers side rear wheel arch is showing some rust. He hit a deer awhile back, and fixed the grille. The hood is still bent but functions as it should, it's got some pretty good dents in the passenger fender and drivers rear quarter. Interior shows it's age. The dash is a loss. He told me the throw out bearing was going bad, and that as far as he knew, it was the only mechanical issue with the truck.

You must be registered for see images attach

kennythewelder

Officially Retired, B31-3 (6-G) certified welder.
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum. You got a project truck no doubt. As for what its worth, well that depends on a lot of things. At the end of it all though, it is only worth what someone else will pay for it. IMO in that shape maybe $1200, maybe. I have seen trucks in better shape sale for as little as $500.

Hipster

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Like Kenny says it's only worth what someone is willing to put in your hand for it. Around here that's a parts truck with the dash all tore up like it is. I've had good luck parting them out. The sum of the parts is worth more then the whole.

Old77

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reaction score
:welcome: