Getting too hot at idle

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1998_K1500_Sub

Nitro Junkie
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What damn good is it? It does exactly what the regular one does,

That's how I feel about free-range chickens and cage-free eggs.

How's come there ain't no free-range pork? I'm mean, cain't they just go lettin' the hogs wander a bit... ought'r make for some tender and tasty chops and hams.

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
The whole point of the "Failsafe" thermostat is that if SOMETHING ELSE in the cooling system fails so that the engine overheats, the thermostat will open far enough to engage a lock that keeps it open. It is NOT about the thermostat itself failing, and locking open.

That makes no sense to me.... what could possibly go wrong in the cooling system, where a locked open thermostat would help, at all?

AuroraGirl

I'm Awesome
Reaction score

How's come there ain't no free-range pork? I'm mean, cain't they just go lettin' the hogs wander a bit... ought'r make for some tender and tasty chops and hams.
Cruelty free thermostats are the only thermostats we need here

Aint got no GMOs in em

L31MaxExpress

I'm Awesome
Reaction score

There is a big difference there. Have a neighbor that has given me several dozen eggs from the chickens he raises in his backyard. His family of 5 just does not eat the number of eggs 6 chickens lay. The eggs are nothing like the ones you get from the hormone pumped mass collected stuff. Actually takes effort to crack the shells because they are so thick. Also they taste alot better and have more yoke to them. Fresh eggs do not even need to be refrigerated until after they are washed.

Nothing to do with the OP, but my $0.02.

Plenty of wild hogs up by the lakehouse.

Last edited:

1998_K1500_Sub

Nitro Junkie
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Plenty of feral hogs running free, & you can take as many as you wish.

It's a regional thing, interestingly. This image doesn't show density, only presence.

Sorry to hijack the thread with my BS about chickens and hogs.

We now return you to our regularly scheduled topic.

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

Erik the Awful

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
what could possibly go wrong in the cooling system, where a locked open thermostat would help, at all?
I had a thermostat in my '83 RX-7 stick closed once. I caught it in time and shut the motor down. I replaced it the next day.

When I was a Nissan dealer technician, a 4,000 mile Altima on the used car lot had a thermostat stick closed on a test drive. The salesman tried to drive it back to the dealership. It got so hot the distributor cap melted, which finally shut the car down. It got a new motor.