Gen V L83 swap in OBS Tahoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Christian Steffen

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Caddy seat versus stock seat

You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

Which caddy are the seats out of? They bolt up to the stock seat bases with no issues?
EDIT: Just saw botie asked this question.

The gen 5 engines are pretty awesome, they get great mileage and make great power. I've been working on tuning my 2014 Silverado with the 5.3, there is definitely a learning curve compared to gen 3 tuning but it is responding nicely.

SteveO99

Reaction score
Hi I am getting ready to start the L83 swap in my 99 Tahoe 2dr. New engine/trans is 2018 L83/6l90 with transfer case, harness, and computer. (Missing throttle Pedal assembly)

Will I need to keep the 99 harness? Do you modify the 2018 harness?
Any other tips, etc would be appreciated.

BTW, your truck looks awesome, and FYI, Z06 Supercharger takeoffs fit great on the L83 with minor modifications. Creates unbelievable torque.

Christian Steffen

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hi I am getting ready to start the L83 swap in my 99 Tahoe 2dr. New engine/trans is 2018 L83/6l90 with transfer case, harness, and computer. (Missing throttle Pedal assembly)

Will I need to keep the 99 harness? Do you modify the 2018 harness?
Any other tips, etc would be appreciated.

BTW, your truck looks awesome, and FYI, Z06 Supercharger takeoffs fit great on the L83 with minor modifications. Creates unbelievable torque.

Any write-ups on this?