Gen V 454 with Edelbrock Intake

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jonathonar89

Reaction score
I have a '95 Chevy K2500 HD that has a TBI 454. I noticed in the instructions that the Edelbrock 3764 454 TBI intake is specifically for Gen IV TBI engines. From the little information I've found, I gather then main difference is the EGR setup and plumbing on the coolant passages.

Has anyone installed this intake on the later 454 TBI engines? Any advice? Any links?

bobby v

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Mine has it but I didn't install it, already there when I bought the truck. It is stamped "TBI' with "Performer" also

grampadirt

On MEDICARE Officially Old
Reaction score
That intake will not work on your engine.The '95 has a linear EGR valve(computer controlled,hence all the wires going to it)the '93 and earlier EGR valves are vacuum controlled.The EGR valves are in different locations as well.But,if you somehow eliminate the EGR valve on the '95 and can put up with a SES light being on all the time it might work.Of course if you have SMOG inspections all that is mute.
I bought one years ago and was about to install it and noticed it was different.I looked everywhere for some kind of adapter and never found one so I returned it and got my money back.
We have to(unfortunately)understand the '95 big blocks(maybe '94s as well)got passed over when it came to performance options.If anyone could find an intake made by any company I'd be glad to try it.

Last edited: