GarrettGmc's 94 ecsb

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GarrettGmc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So far haven't done a lot with it besides getting it out out of the burb, which was a PITA. Motor is 5.3 with 4l60e out of an 04 Tahoe that got rear ended at 78k miles and the seller had the paperwork to prove the mileage. Went ahead an pulled exhaust manifolds to take a quick pic of a valve.

You must be registered for see images attach

GarrettGmc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Ended up at 1800 but I feel like it was pretty good deal. He had the paperwork to verify all the milage. Turns out I almost bought a 57 BelAir couple years ago from this guy. He also has a buddy that can reprogram the wiring for 200 for I'll definitely be keeping his number.

Trying to decide whether or not to swap the throttle body, drive by cable or drive by wire, what would you guys choose? I know for wire I'd need get the pedal assembly, idk how difficult that is. Or by cable an swap the throttle body.

Also it has the 04 4l60e and I still have the 94 4l60e. what would be easier vs better choice.

skylark

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Ended up at 1800 but I feel like it was pretty good deal. He had the paperwork to verify all the milage. Turns out I almost bought a 57 BelAir couple years ago from this guy. He also has a buddy that can reprogram the wiring for 200 for I'll definitely be keeping his number.

Trying to decide whether or not to swap the throttle body, drive by cable or drive by wire, what would you guys choose? I know for wire I'd need get the pedal assembly, idk how difficult that is. Or by cable an swap the throttle body.

Also it has the 04 4l60e and I still have the 94 4l60e. what would be easier vs better choice.
You needed the tac module off that truck because it matches the pcm. Go cable if you want simplicity and tune the dbw out.

GarrettGmc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
@skylark if I order an aftermarket pedal assembly could I get that to work?

Got some stuff done. Removed wiring harness, took the tranny off, mounted to engine stand then pulled the intake off-has some broken pieces of plastic where one of the sensors would clip on and where a hose would attach so gotta see if it can be repaired. Gunna start cleaning it up and start undoing the wire looms

skylark

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
@skylark if I order an aftermarket pedal assembly could I get that to work?

Got some stuff done. Removed wiring harness, took the tranny off, mounted to engine stand then pulled the intake off-has some broken pieces of plastic where one of the sensors would clip on and where a hose would attach so gotta see if it can be repaired. Gunna start cleaning it up and start undoing the wire looms

You can but you still have to have the TAC module and it has to match your PCM. It will look like this.
https://www.rockauto.com/en/catalog...247,fuel+&+air,throttle+control+actuator,6473

GarrettGmc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Not much with the truck but got all the wire loom off and in the process of cleaning up the block. Need to get the truck turned around and rolled back into the shop to start mocking up engine placement. I may be wrong but I swear the connections were blue and red but mine are blue an green.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Blue green is the 1 MB PCM. I know the diesel GMT400s had a pedal with TAC module and I want to say they'll work with a red blue 512 KB PCM but I'm not sure. I would like to nerd out though and have my Trailblazer electronic throttle body punched out and run it on my 1500, but I have a lot of other projects ahead of that.

GarrettGmc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Damn time flies and feels like I havent got the anything done. But did pick up gasket set that with with almost everything besides oil pan gasket, which I didnt know until I got home and read it so gotta make another trip. But got me thinking since the motor is now cleaned up should I just go ahead and we do the head gaskets since I've got them anyways.

GarrettGmc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Ugh :( I shouldn't have decided to do head gaskets. Everything was going smooth until I went to pull the rockers. I didnt know that the inside of my socket was damage and it caused me to assume the bolt head was stripping so moved to the next bolt. I ended up damaging pretty much an entire side and 1 so bad I had to use a cut off wheel because I broke another removal tool. Oh also one of my sockets is cracking. Not a good way to start today. An all this after cleaning up my shop because the puppy kept getting out of the yard so I put her in for 1 night and she chewed up my seats, shop towels and the power cord to my new dewalt reciprocating saw. Wasnt until around 3 I started makin good progress. Got the heads off and starting cleaning them and making list of things I need for the engine. Another problem was some of the spark plugs actually fell apart as I was taking them out.