G.I. Jane

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Papa Neil

Reaction score
Here is a closer look at the custom rims. They are cop car rims with the centers pressed out and then pressed back in backward to match the offset. I can, in the future, redrill the valve stem so it is on the correct side. Right now I am leaving it. It is weird... but I like it. It is not that hard to reach around the tire to refill it with air.

You must be registered for see images attach

The tires are from a local shop that has stacks of slightly used Michelin x tires for about 80 bucks ... instead of 300. Sweet!

A closer look at the hooks.

Papa Neil

Reaction score
Looks very nice! :)

Are those rims factory? I have seen quite a bit of those on 2WD trucks.

Thanks!

They are custom rims. Cop car rims with the centers pressed out and then pressed back in backward to match the offset. I wanted 16" rims because the tires are plentiful and cheaper. They also fill the wheel well much nicer. This is a daily runner so I don't need big brakes and 6 bolts. The tires are rated E ... I will never be able to overload them. Also, Custom rims for 100 bucks... you can't beat that.

Papa Neil

Reaction score
Mine has a similar background . W/T with the beige interior. I suspect it might have been a govt vehicle in a former life. Looks like you have the aftermarket radio bezel already installed so will be a simple matter to get a single DIN radio and get some noise in there. Good luck and thanks for saving another one.

I have a crazy idea for the stereo install. The truck will look stock with nothing to steal. The stereo will be completely invisible. Someone on the forum has done something similar. I want to be able to leave the truck open without worrying that some jack ass will screw with it.

Papa Neil

Reaction score
My first gmt 400 was a 93 wt, lbsc with a 4.3 they are grate trucks, and give decent mpgs.

This is the main reason for finding the 4.3. Millage is surprisingly good. This one needs to be run a bit as it has been sitting for over a decade. Now that the tune-up is done it sounds pretty sweet. It should be a solid running truck.

884x4310ci

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
What paint and shade did you use?
I painted my truck last month and used gillespie coating semi-gloss I think it was 24087

Papa Neil

Reaction score
Aervoe Olive Drab. 34088. It has a flat velvet look about it... very nice. There was one gallon left in the shop, but the spray can version is available everywhere. Had we know they did not sell it by the gallon anymore I would have went with the Gillespie paint. After a bit of research I am hearing Aervoe is subject to fading but the Gillespie paint is suppose to be solid.

Eveready

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have a crazy idea for the stereo install. The truck will look stock with nothing to steal. The stereo will be completely invisible. Someone on the forum has done something similar. I want to be able to leave the truck open without worrying that some jack ass will screw with it.

Single DIN radios (which your truck is already set up for) are so cheap now that I doubt even a jackass would bother. Unless you are really going high end you would most likely be just fine. Even then it would be cheap to replace. Here is how mine turned out with a very similar interior to yours.

kennythewelder

Officially Retired, B31-3 (6-G) certified welder.
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
This is the main reason for finding the 4.3. Millage is surprisingly good. This one needs to be run a bit as it has been sitting for over a decade. Now that the tune-up is done it sounds pretty sweet. It should be a solid running truck.
I gutted the cat on mine, and installed a flowmaster, but would do a magnaflow or something free flowing if I had to do it again. The more restrictions you can remove from any engine, the better it will perform. A high flow cat is a better choice than gutting the cat, but Im a tight wad.