Fuse #2 keeps blowing

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Markh62302

Reaction score
So I have a 98 k1500 z71 with a 5.7l.
Fuse #2 in the ips block keeps blowing, I’ve replaced the front actuator, the encoder motor and the tccm under the dash. It’s still popping. I’ve even tested the digital 4x4 button that switches from 2hi to 4hi and 4lo. Nothing is working. And I don’t necessarily see any wire damage.

Eveready

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You might temporarily reverse (disable) the 4 hi wiring. I would tend to suspect any add on ahead of factory wiring being the culprit. If it stops with the add on disabled you have found your answer. If it still does it with the add on disabled then you know the add on is not the problem and can narrow your search. Good luck and please be sure and report what it turns out to be.

Markh62302

Reaction score
You might temporarily reverse (disable) the 4 hi wiring. I would tend to suspect any add on ahead of factory wiring being the culprit. If it stops with the add on disabled you have found your answer. If it still does it with the add on disabled then you know the add on is not the problem and can narrow your search. Good luck and please be sure and report what it turns out to be.
If I pull my 4x4 button I wouldn’t be able to test it. I don’t think I’m understanding what you’re suggesting.

Eveready

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
If I pull my 4x4 button I wouldn’t be able to test it. I don’t think I’m understanding what you’re suggesting.
I may have misinterpreted your post. I thought you had mentioned 4 Hi headlight wiring which is a frequent source of blown fuses. In general anything added to factory wiring is always more suspect than factory alone. Another frequent problem is ground connections. Make sure those are good. Sorry if I misunderstood your post. Good luck!

GoToGuy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Whats ips block? What does fuse 2 power ? One if those items is drawing to many amps or a shorted wire. Good luck.