funky 4wd problems

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

squeaky3

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
well last nite driving through town i noticed when i had it in 4wd that it seems to almost like wonder around some and feel like the front end wanted to move side to side a lil

most of the roads were snow covered but packed down pretty good

i didnt really have this same feeling going on the same roads in 2wd so i am begining to think that something just isnt right in the front end

i will be jacking it up and taking a look at it tonight but i want some ideas of what to look for, bad hubs, cv, suspension stuff??

Reaction score
Mine does the same thing, not all the time but it definantly does it when in 4x4. I checked out everything completely and found no issues. The only thing I can come up with is since there is power to the front they are pulling you and may "wander" on the snow/ice. I don't think this is a fixable issue but I may be wrong. Actually not an issue at all. IMO.

squeaky3

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Mine does the same thing, not all the time but it definantly does it when in 4x4. I checked out everything completely and found no issues. The only thing I can come up with is since there is power to the front they are pulling you and may "wander" on the snow/ice. I don't think this is a fixable issue but I may be wrong. Actually not an issue at all. IMO.

hmmmm...

i didnt think i felt it before last night but then again i dont use my 4x4 much unless im offroading or like last nite, driving in the snow

it just seemed and felt like something wasnt right in the front of my truck

Reaction score
hmmmm...

i didnt think i felt it before last night but then again i dont use my 4x4 much unless im offroading or like last nite, driving in the snow

it just seemed and felt like something wasnt right in the front of my truck

I know what your saying about it not feeling right but I could find anything wrong with mine. Check yours out and see what you come up with--let me know.

1996 yukon

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
its fine- ive had to run mine in FWD before after losing a rear u joint, it gave the term torque steer a new meaning.

6chevy9

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
ha yeah guys i know the secret behind all that. my poor 97 is terrible. i can run my 92 on 35s with no rear shaft just like normal no funky steering or anything ( it has allllllll new front end parts ) number one, your weak ass tie rods have some give to them ( not yours like im better than you, yours as in ours ,all gmt400 stock tie rods ) thats normally the main thing those wheels are going to try to run into eachother and thats the only thing keeping them from doing that, get stronger tie rods, numbro dose ( esp my truck ) the control arm bushings if they are all whopped out like mine this will just amplify the problem. check it out and then thank me ;)