Full drop kit questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Aarong23

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I used Belltech and it worked good
One thing though. The top of the c notch seams to be a little thick and has got the bed in a little bit of a bind
I have noticed that with belltech and ridetech notches on the top.

bustedknuckles

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have that set of maxtrax? Notches but the kit came with new ones and they looked beefier. Should I just use the ones I have and save the money and possibly not have that issue with the bed?

Bone Shaker

Reaction score
From what I found they offer one part number for the drivera side and different part number for passengers side rear. I can get the lower shock relocator but the belltech upper is backorder until mid Sept. Man im having a time with this. Also if you relocate the shock do you still use drop shocks or with the angle change require a stock length shock? I want the best shock I can get for at most 75.00 per shock at the most. I think I found everything I need to replace the DJM kit that will actually ship tomorrow. Now finding the right wheels and tires are the pain. That offset and backspacing is so confusing. Thanks for the reply

Be careful with the offset on the wheels. I used center set and would have been better off with 19mm of positive (which moves the tire to the inside) crazy how this works. I have 6” drop and 275/45/20 on 10”wheels. Very close clearances Had to trim the finders a little. I hope this helps

Bone Shaker

Reaction score
I have that set of maxtrax? Notches but the kit came with new ones and they looked beefier. Should I just use the ones I have and save the money and possibly not have that issue with the bed?

I really need to shimm my bed up but I am afraid it will throw off the body lines. If you use the beefy c notch I think I would shimm the bed front and rear. If you don’t it will make the inside of the bed look bowed. May not show with bed liner or bed cover. My bed is painted to match the truck. I was very lucky to have the inside of the bed in this condition to be able to paint it

bustedknuckles

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Be careful with the offset on the wheels. I used center set and would have been better off with 19mm of positive (which moves the tire to the inside) crazy how this works. I have 6” drop and 275/45/20 on 10”wheels. Very close clearances Had to trim the finders a little. I hope this helps

I'll be honest. Im about to just give up on the whole idea of doing my truck. My mind is so messed up right now I just cant focus on what I already know and what I need reassuring about. I have sat on my porch for weeks trying to find the parts, that I just cant find, without waiting 4-6 weeks to get. So I try and focus on getting my wheels and tires. But when I find what I think I want I get confused because they will have the rears but fronts aren't available. I get confused by the offset stuff on the wheels. The rears I think I have figured out but the fronts i am worried ill get it wrong and they will interfere with he brakes or something. I have read nearly every post on here and tried not to ask so many questions so members won't get aggravated with me. I had thought about putting up a post asking specific questions pertaining to my truck but I know they probably have already been answered somewhere. I just want to get it right the first time but it seems like everything is going wrong already. Sorry to rant.

bustedknuckles

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I like the BellTech Street Performer shocks.
Everything else is just rebranded Doestch's. A shorter version of a stock shock.
I kill those. 8-9 months & they're shot. Deader than dead.

Can you help me out? I have ordered everything except shocks. Im ordered djm 2" spindle and am cutting the coils for 2 more. I did the B/T notch and flip kit so with my shacklea I should be 6-7 in the rear. I also ordered the top shock relocators and the kit came with the lowers. I am interested in the shocks you mentioned, B/T street performance shocks. I have read that they are 2 different part numbers for the rear, one for pass. Side and 1 for Dr. Side. Am I correct? Could you please tell me the part numbers for the shocks I need for the drop im doing. Thank you very much for all your help