Full drop kit questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Aarong23

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well I guess I'm screwed with the kit from DJM. The quickest I can get everything is september 8. I am so aggravated I could bite nails. So I guess its back to the drawing board.
No it's not. Lol. Just go to belltech or mcgaughey's

bustedknuckles

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
No it's not. Lol. Just go to belltech or mcgaughey's
I have been looking at wheel and tire combos on SD site and every wheel and tire I am interested in is on back order. This is a sign. I was lookinv at the DJM kit as it was everything I needed in one kit at a decent price. Buying others is about 250. To 300. More. This is crazy. I checked summit and they say September. Either I wait 6 more weeks at the earliest or spend 300. More to get it now. But then all wheels and tires in the size im wanting backorder. Im at a loss.

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
I like the BellTech Street Performer shocks.
Everything else is just rebranded Doestch's. A shorter version of a stock shock.
I kill those. 8-9 months & they're shot. Deader than dead.

bustedknuckles

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Everything else is just rebranded Doestch's. A shorter version of a stock shock.
From what I found they offer one part number for the drivera side and different part number for passengers side rear. I can get the lower shock relocator but the belltech upper is backorder until mid Sept. Man im having a time with this. Also if you relocate the shock do you still use drop shocks or with the angle change require a stock length shock? I want the best shock I can get for at most 75.00 per shock at the most. I think I found everything I need to replace the DJM kit that will actually ship tomorrow. Now finding the right wheels and tires are the pain. That offset and backspacing is so confusing. Thanks for the reply

bustedknuckles

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Are these the upper mounts you suggested? Its showing in stock but everywhere I have looked says late August. It also says will not fit my 98 c1500? Any input? Thanks

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
From what I found they offer one part number for the drivera side and different part number for passengers side rear. I can get the lower shock relocator but the belltech upper is backorder until mid Sept. Man im having a time with this. Also if you relocate the shock do you still use drop shocks or with the angle change require a stock length shock? I want the best shock I can get for at most 75.00 per shock at the most. I think I found everything I need to replace the DJM kit that will actually ship tomorrow. Now finding the right wheels and tires are the pain. That offset and backspacing is so confusing. Thanks for the reply

If you look at the way that GM mounted the rear shocks, one is mounted further away from the diff than the other. IIRC, it's the passenger side that's further away. Therefore, different part numbers.
The lower extenders provide 2" more distance to allow the use of a 4" shorter shock with a 6" drop. A 6" shorter shock would not have an adequate stroke.
Use the same drop shocks with the upper relocation kit.
As the diff is raised up under the body, the shocks become so laid out that they no longer work as they should. They tend to end up swinging as the suspension cycles as opposed to compressing. The upper relocation kit does not move the shock up. It moves that upper mount closer to the diff, putting them in a more upright position so that the shocks work in the manner that they were designed to.

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
Are these the upper mounts you suggested? Its showing in stock but everywhere I have looked says late August. It also says will not fit my 98 c1500? Any input? Thanks

I have no idea why that listing says it won't fit a C1500. Every search I've done for the kit indicates that that part number is specific to these trucks.

https://throtl.com/products/bt-shock-extension-kit-bt6658

https://www.summitracing.com/int/parts/bel-6658/applications

https://www.vividracing.com/belltech-upper-shock-mount-
extension-kit-chevrolet-silverado-gmc-sierra-12ton-8898-p-152615814.html

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I have no idea why that listing says it won't fit a C1500. Every search I've done for the kit indicates that that part number is specific to these trucks.

It's Amazon... Their fitment database is garbage. They're wrong just as often as they're right in my experience.