Fuel pressure regulator or fuel pump?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
You don't have a fuel rail or proper injectors. You sure they actually replaced your FPR? Did they show you the old one?

kwslvdo96

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Just to throw my two cents in im having this same exact issue! My truck only has 90K miles on it and I put a brand new A/C Delco fuel pump assembly in and it did not fix the issue. My truck once its warmed up will hard start for about 5 to 8 seconds. So at this point im thinking of just doing injectors and regulator? Is it that hard to change just the regulator? It looked like when I researched how to change the regulator that it was a lot of work I mise well just the injectors at the same time right?

kwslvdo96

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I read there is a better upgrade fuel injectors? Does anybody happen to have the part number or know where I can buy the upgraded injectors from? Thanks

kwslvdo96

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
This is what I used on my 98. It really improved throttle response. If you’re in there messing with the regulator, I’d say go ahead and swap the whole thing out.

https://www.amazon.com/ACDelco-217-...s=217-3029&dpPl=1&dpID=41coXxE-dEL&ref=plSrch

You must be registered for see images attach

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I ordered the new upgraded injectors once I get them in ill post back to let you guys know if it fixed my problem, and if the truck runs any better thanks a lot.