Fuel line replacement?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Carlaisle

I'm Awesome
Reaction score

I have no affiliation with the company but have used their products and was very pleased with the product and customer service.

alpinecrick

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
If this were me, I'd make my own from a coil of inexpensive double-wall seamless steel tubing, or perhaps a roll of nickle-copper "Nicop" tubing. Add sections of flexible hose only where needed, using steel-braid-over-Teflon (PTFE) liner hose and proper hose ends.

The worst part would be forming the ends of the tubing to match the OEM rubber o-rings and fittings. There's tools available to do that.
But Shurkey, the tool I’m thinking of cost dang near as much as factory style hard lines.
Plus SS or nickel lines are a bear to bend. The trick to keeping lines and everything else under the truck intact is to wash underneath the truck often & frequently—every bit as important as keeping the shiny side shiny……..

Schurkey

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
But Shurkey, the tool I’m thinking of cost dang near as much as factory style hard lines.
...and then sell the tool to recover some of the money. Or form and bend fuel and brake tubes for your friends.

Or use crimp-on ends on the bare, straight tubing, that accept race-style 37 degree flare fittings.

Plus SS or nickel lines are a bear to bend.
Double-wall seamless steel tubing is no big deal to bend. There's many different designs of bending tools, some more expensive than others.

I've never worked with copper-nickel tubing, but I'm told it's VERY EASY to bend and to form the ends on. The ease of working with the copper-nickel tubing is one of it's prime advantages.