Fuel line replacement?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Raspi454

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
99 tahoe 350 4 door 4x4
So my fuel lines are all rusted out, leaking fuel, and while I was at the parts store, the guy said he couldn't find a replacement. I came across this website >Fuel Lines< and was wondering if it's any good.
They have various sets like pump to filter, filter to engine, complete, etc.
What do you guys think?
it seems like a better deal than some other sites I saw.

alpinecrick

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
99 tahoe 350 4 door 4x4
So my fuel lines are all rusted out, leaking fuel, and while I was at the parts store, the guy said he couldn't find a replacement. I came across this website >Fuel Lines< and was wondering if it's any good.
They have various sets like pump to filter, filter to engine, complete, etc.
What do you guys think?
it seems like a better deal than some other sites I saw.
I think these guys have been recommended on here. https://www.linestogo.com/

I would go back with factory style hard lines wherever possible.

Schurkey

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If this were me, I'd make my own from a coil of inexpensive double-wall seamless steel tubing, or perhaps a roll of nickle-copper "Nicop" tubing. Add sections of flexible hose only where needed, using steel-braid-over-Teflon (PTFE) liner hose and proper hose ends.

The worst part would be forming the ends of the tubing to match the OEM rubber o-rings and fittings. There's tools available to do that.

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
I plan on using nylon like in the orginal link, but have not done so yet..... no time, and no pressing need as I haven't been using the truck daily, or even weekly.

Hipster

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
X's 2 on staying with hardline keeping hose to a minimum. The lines to go has a good rep around here and last time I looked I think it was Rock Auto had fuel lines listed under the AC/Delco label.

I most certainly wouldn't use nylon fuel lines where they cross by exhaust, subject to debris, go off road etc.

mattillac

Lurker
Reaction score
Looks like gastankrenu has been mentioned on the forum a few times.

"....Everything was a great replacement, and the price was within reason. I will be using their products again...."

"....That is who I went with. Great product so far. A lot easier to install than hard lines...."

"....Nylon lines rated to 900 PSI, came pre-made to the correct length and fittings installed. Fit Perfectly....."

"....The kit came with everything and all I had to trim was the connections to the filter which gave instructions and fittings to adjust for truck length...."

Guess a few people around here have had success with them.

Best of luck.

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
X's 2 on staying with hardline keeping hose to a minimum. The lines to go has a good rep around here and last time I looked I think it was Rock Auto had fuel lines listed under the AC/Delco label.

I most certainly wouldn't use nylon fuel lines where they cross by exhaust, subject to debris, go off road etc.

It doesn't run near exhaust, and is inside the frame. I don't see how it would be any more vulnerable than the original steel.... especially since the nylon can't rust. The OEM on my Saturn is nylon, or some kind of plastic, and is fine after 200K miles, when the steel parts on the car are disintegrating. Plasitc generaly is regarded as cheap (cheap as in low quality) but it's not all flexy melty cracky crap that we often associate with it. Some plastics are very well suited to various uses. I used to own an IBM computer that had a plastic case..... thing was built like a tank.

Hipster

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
It doesn't run near exhaust, and is inside the frame. I don't see how it would be any more vulnerable than the original steel.... especially since the nylon can't rust. The OEM on my Saturn is nylon, or some kind of plastic, and is fine after 200K miles, when the steel parts on the car are disintegrating. Plasitc generaly is regarded as cheap (cheap as in low quality) but it's not all flexy melty cracky crap that we often associate with it. Some plastics are very well suited to various uses. I used to own an IBM computer that had a plastic case..... thing was built like a tank.

Advantages of nylon fuel lines​

WILL NOT RUST, DRY ROT OR CRACK - RESIST OILS AND ROAD GRIME
INSTALLER IS ABLE TO CLIP INTO O.E. BRACKETS AND EASY TO BEND IF NEEDED
SUITABLE FOR GAS OR DIESEL
RATED AT 900 PSI AND 200 DEG. TEMPERATURE

No thanks. You get the 200F part and the environment it's in right? A hard line stays put and won't abrade like nylon would. What kind of comparison is "or some kind of plastic" that it was designed to use and a computer case have to do with it? Not exactly comparing apples to apples there. Most oem fuel lines I have come across are a hard non flexible plastic "of some sort" and not nylon.

If guys want to use this stuff great but it's not something I can get behind.

sntrym

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
It doesn't run near exhaust, and is inside the frame.
Sure it does, right where they go over the trasmission to the intake. There is exhaust and a hot transmission there. If they are rated to 200f and the tranny gets above that while towing, the fuel lines are toast. Stick with steel, they lasted 20 years and if there's that much rust on the lines, then I would venture there is a lot of rust on the truck and it won't last another 20 years.