Fuel filter- constant flow out fuel line

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jus10inbrla

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So got the old one off, but fuel CONSTANTLY dripped out while trying to put the new one on. Coming from tank…

only a few dribbles at first from engine side then it stopped. I had a bucket under the drip
And it caught probably close to half gallon. Is this normal? I got fuel all over me trying to stab it. Any advice on nnext time or if i did anything wrong or is the constant drip a fuel pump issue ?

thegawd

I'm Done!
Reaction score
pretty sure you have to release the pressure by the shreader valve under the hood. half the time we change these we already have a fuel problem and the line is empty. if the fuel system is good then you need to relieve the pressure.

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
pretty sure you have to release the pressure by the shreader valve under the hood. half the time we change these we already have a fuel problem and the line is empty. if the fuel system is good then you need to relieve the pressure.

That sounds messy. I use my scanner or pull the relay.

thegawd

I'm Done!
Reaction score
heres the procedure the Haynes manual puts fourth. 88-95 relieve there own pressure with the truck off. 96 and on you relieve the fuel pressure with the Schrader valve. of course you must contain the fuel so you cant just press the valve and let it spray in the engine bay.....

You must be registered for see images attach