Fuel and speed how to calibrate please help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tommy1234

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Has anyone ever worked with VHX gages?? I'm having an issue with calibrating my fuel level and my speedometer please help I may sound like an idiot asking

PlayingWithTBI

2022 Truck of the Year
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm having an issue with calibrating my fuel level and my speedometer please help I may sound like an idiot asking
I don't want to sound condescending but, isn't it in the instructions?

On my digital dash, the speedometer can be calibrated 2 ways;
1 - set it up for calibration, drive at a known speed and hit the button to set it.
2 - from a stop, set it up for calibration, drive exactly 1 mile, and hit the button. The mile markers on the side of a road work great for this. I use this procedure over the 1st one.

IIRC - you select the resistance range for your fuel sender and hook it up accordingly. HTH

PlayingWithTBI

2022 Truck of the Year
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just scanned through your installation instructions, yours is a little different than mine. Your kit comes with a 4,000 PPM VSS, right? Did you install this? Mine uses the OE 2,000 PPM one.

Tommy1234

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thank you for your advice. We figured it out me and my buddy looked up on the YouTube the video ordered the switch and it's all done

Tommy1234

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I don't want to sound condescending but, isn't it in the instructions?

On my digital dash, the speedometer can be calibrated 2 ways;
1 - set it up for calibration, drive at a known speed and hit the button to set it.
2 - from a stop, set it up for calibration, drive exactly 1 mile, and hit the button. The mile markers on the side of a road work great for this. I use this procedure over the 1st one.

IIRC - you select the resistance range for your fuel sender and hook it up accordingly. HTH
Thank you