FS: 1995 Suburban C2500 - 7.4L, 4.10 gears

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

scottydl

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
1995 Chevrolet Suburban C2500 for sale. It's not that unheard of around here, but this Burb has the rarest combination of power for the GMT400 era Suburbans... 7.4L (454), 4.10 gear ratio, and 4L80E transmission. Nearly rust free due to years of annual Ziebart undercoating and inner door rust proofing by the original owner. I am the 2nd owner. Only 124k and extremely well cared for. If you can find another one of these, they often have well over 200k miles already.

To note: Always full synthetic oil used, tons of ongoing maintenance/repair items over the last 5 years of my ownership. LT trim, blue leather interior in good shape, LED headlight bulbs, Cooper LT tires with 60% tread, rear axle airbags added, Tekonsha brake controller, Reese Class V hitch for weight distribution setup.

Some minor issues of an older vehicle but no major problems. Only surface rust is a spot right over the tailpipe from that moisture. Undercarriage is completely undercoated and clean. ERG sets off the check engine light, even though the ERG itself has been replaced/tested and functions perfectly. Mechanic advises that old carbon blowing through the ERG causes this. No affect whatsoever on performance. Rear A/C evaporator leaks and needs to be replaced to get the A/C flowing again. Passenger side doors sag a little so they can be tough to open from the inside.

We towed a travel trailer across the Midwest and this Suburban is ready to keep on going!

PRICE: Open for discussion! Book value is $4500-5000. Local mechanic says he thinks it is worth $6000-7000 because of the rare big block setup and rust-free, permanently protected underbelly and frame. Check out the pics and let me know what you think! I'm really interested in honest dialogue. Thanks!

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

scottydl

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Location might be helpful... :)

Vehicle is located in central Illinois, near Bloomington. About halfway between Chicago and St. Louis. Any questions or comments, please reply here.

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
Location might be helpful... :)

Vehicle is located in central Illinois, near Bloomington. About halfway between Chicago and St. Louis. Any questions or comments, please reply here.
Nice Burb! Wish you were closer and I had the bux. It'll make someone a really nice tow rig though. Since you've obviously taken very good care of it!

scottydl

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So the money question -- if circumstances lined up for you or anyone else, what is a fair expected price for a GMT400 Suburban, mostly rust free, with this rare big block / gearing combo? I want to get what the vehicle is worth, but I'm not trying to be unrealistic or unfair either. Like anything, it's a matter of finding the "right" buyer who is looking for this style/combo specifically.

scottydl

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
If I were in the market to buy, I'd be trying to buy at $5000 with a willingness to go to $6000. If the rust, EGR, door sag, and A/C were fixed, I'd try to buy at $6000 with a high of $7000.

That's what I'm a little conflicted on. I don't know if it's worth me paying for even small repairs unless I'd get that back in the selling price. Otherwise, I'd rather discount my end and let the buyer decide if he/she wants to fix those items.

What's the interior look like?

Interior is very clean for its age. Drivers leather seat has the most wear of course, but no rips or tears. All back seats are excellent. All original carpet and six factory Chevrolet floor mats.

Original post would only let me upload 5 pics, so here are some interior shots (thanks for asking).

scottydl

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Here is a summary of repairs/maintenance/upgrades done during my 5 years of ownership:

- Front brakes
- Master cylinder
- Rear brakes
- ACDelco plugs, wires, distributor cap, air filter, fuel filter, O2 sensor
- Sepentine belt/tensioner
- Rear AC blower motor
- All weatherstripping around liftgate glass
- Valve cover gaskets
- Bulbs, switches, wiper blades etc. as needed
- Air Life rear airbags
- Oil cooler lines
- Alternator (twice)
- EGR valve (twice)
- Washer pumps for both front/rear
- Radiator flush, coolant temp sensor, coolant fan switch, radiator cap and thermostat
- Fuel pump
- The other oil cooler lines
- Water pump
- Battery
- Various scheduled fuel system treatments
- Always full synthetic oil changes

Wow, I actually didn't realize I had done so much until I went through my maintenance list (I keep those on every vehicle I own) and wrote it all down! That was all done within about a 25k mile range, and I'm sure there are more small things here and there that didn't make the list. Most recent service was a Royal Purple oil change in June... $80 even with the oil on sale at O'Reilly's. ;)

I bought the Suburban in 2015 with 99k miles on the odometer, and it now has 124k miles. Average driven 5k miles/year, very low by most standards. During the last 6 months of COVID quarantine, I'd be surprised if it's been driven 750 miles.

Last edited:

SUBURBAN5

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Man that's Impressive. Shoot higher for whatever you get offered... looks nice, great miles. Mine has 471k miles cuz I love driving it and couldn't imagine being in nothing else lol. Buyers love rigs like that. I would buy it if I could but my wife would kill me lol. Goodluck