Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bowmanpf21

Reaction score
1995 Tahoe 4WD
Hi all, my front wheels are off and it's driving me insane. The driver side wheel is further out than the passenger wheel and it is further forward by about a 1/4 of an inch. The driver side is also taller tgan the passenger side by about a 1/2 inch. It's been like this since I got the truck 4 years ago, but I'm wondering what all I should check to see how to fix it. I got new leafs and shackles over the summer, new uppers and balljoints earlier this year, and new shocks last fall. Any help is appreciated.

95burban

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Grab a tape measure and Adjust the torsion bars, I would bring the drivers side down a 1/4

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
1995 Tahoe 4WD
The driver side wheel is further out than the passenger wheel and it is further forward by about a 1/4 of an inch.
After you try 95burban's suggestion for the height, get to checking the frame.
That ^^^ sounds like a front passenger side hit.
A tape measure will give you a ballpark idea.
A frame machine will pinpoint any probs.

Schurkey

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Make sure you have a chassis/steering/suspension problem, and not rotted body mounts or mis-matched tires.

Measure the "Z" height using the GM procedure, DO NOT try to cheat and just run a tape measure from the road surface to the wheel opening to judge ride-height.

Hipster

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
1995 Tahoe 4WD
Hi all, my front wheels are off and it's driving me insane. The driver side wheel is further out than the passenger wheel and it is further forward by about a 1/4 of an inch. The driver side is also taller tgan the passenger side by about a 1/2 inch. It's been like this since I got the truck 4 years ago, but I'm wondering what all I should check to see how to fix it. I got new leafs and shackles over the summer, new uppers and balljoints earlier this year, and new shocks last fall. Any help is appreciated.
How are you measuring the 1/4 inch setback your're coming up with? You have to measure from the same locations on the frame rails to the LBJ on each side of the truck after verifying the frame is still square with X measurements under the cab. Verify the LCA bushings are good and like mentioned ride height needs to be set properly.

Last edited:

someotherguy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
And depending on what style wheels you have installed, be sure they're all the correct and matching wheels. It's easy to overlook steel wheel differences if the style appears to be the same, while you might have one with incorrect backspacing. Can also happen with aftermarket wheels if one has been replaced due to damage.

Richard