Front Tag Bracket Mod

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dagen_1

OBS 4 Me
Reaction score
Does it wave without the top mounts? I like the look very much but as a volunteer firefighter have a half tag too and I think it would be a little much for just two brackets to hold.

if your bumper and tag box are stock, you'd use all 4 bolts. i only used two because we'd shaved the top two bolt holes on mine when it was painted.

88GMCtruck

I'm all 8-Luggy!
Reaction score
Auburn, Wa: From Covington, Wa: Albion, Wa: Pullma
I did a similar setup with mine, except I used two pieces of round tube and a sheet of aluminum from the stock top holes. It's insanely strong which is more important for 4wd rigs. I broke 2 plastic OEM ones prior to making this.

You must be registered for see images attach

BackInBlack

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Finally did this to mine, haven't put it on and it isn't exactly the best cut lol.

Stepside_fever95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I did a similar setup with mine, except I used two pieces of round tube and a sheet of aluminum from the stock top holes. It's insanely strong which is more important for 4wd rigs. I broke 2 plastic OEM ones prior to making this.

Your bumper trim, did you have to fill holes where the bumper pads went, or did it come without holes? I just put a diesel bumper on mine and removed the ugly pads, but now i have a huge hole in my trim instead.

88GMCtruck

I'm all 8-Luggy!
Reaction score
Auburn, Wa: From Covington, Wa: Albion, Wa: Pullma
Your bumper trim, did you have to fill holes where the bumper pads went, or did it come without holes? I just put a diesel bumper on mine and removed the ugly pads, but now i have a huge hole in my trim instead.
I cut the impact trim from a regular bumper without bumper guards to fit over the top holes, the lower holes are still there they just have a small stainless carriage bolt in them.

Stepside_fever95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I cut the impact trim from a regular bumper without bumper guards to fit over the top holes, the lower holes are still there they just have a small stainless carriage bolt in them.
It looks really good. Did the piece you cut from have a stud for a nut to hold it on like the diesel bumper has at the ends?