Front Suspension Rebuild/Ugrade

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

chatodesigns

Reaction score
Hey whats up guys, I need a whole list of parts to rebuild my front suspension. Don't really know where to start. Nothing has been changed other than the shocks since it was brand new. Everything looks in a good condition but would really like to just replace/upgrade everything. Maybe if you guys could give me tips on oem or maybe even some performance suspension upgrades would be appreciated!

Wade

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum:banana-mario:
What kind of budget are you working with?
What's the make, model , year?
2x4 or 4x4?

Some basics would be control arm bushings
shocks
tie rods and adjuster sleeves
steering center link and idler link
Sway bar bushings and end links
Ball joints

chatodesigns

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum:banana-mario:
What kind of budget are you working with?
What's the make, model , year?
2x4 or 4x4?

Some basics would be control arm bushings
shocks
tie rods and adjuster sleeves
steering center link and idler link
Sway bar bushings and end links
Ball joints

It’s a 1994 GMC C1500 SLE
2wd

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
Everything looks in a good condition but would really like to just replace/upgrade everything.

If everything is in good condition why do you want to replace good parts? Replacing OEM parts with oem type replacement parts is not an upgrade. Keep the parts with grease fittings greased, and go.

Rock Hard Concrete

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I did a rebuild like what you described on my 1990. I replaced everything but the steering box and coil springs. I got everything at summit all moog parts except the shocks, cost about 900. Dont try to replace the bushings orball joints, moog makes brand new upper and lower arms with them already installed. Polyurethane bushings do not fit right I bout lostmymind trying to get them to work and ended up just getting the new arms.

TAF2003

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
If it helps, EricTheCarGuy is doing a series upgrading his dad's 1993 2wd truck:
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLSzhQ6St-ov1g_GML2aVq6EN-_ShJ9G2o

He should be releasing the videos for the front suspension and steering in a few weeks. Looking forward to those.

Some of the things he does has convinced me not to do them or at least seriously give them some more thought (like replacing the rear leaf springs since it could involve the fuel tank)