Front Speaker fit - Infinity Kappa

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

steveed

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So I am looking at the Infinity Kappa 463XF speakers for front dash and rear pillars in my truck. Crutchfield says the magnet is too big, quite a few people on the forum recommend them though so I was wondering if it is something that can be made to fit. I found one post about how to make them fit in the rear pillars so that part should be fine.

Is anyone using these in the dash? If so what adjustments do you need to make?

Thanks,
Stephen

Ehall8702

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Personally I'd get the reference series 4" and get a 4x6 to 4" plate adapter. I've been installing over 25 years now and have yet to hear a oval 4x6 that was worth installing. As for depth idk the answer to your original question. I've put some pretty beefy speakers in the dash of the 94 and back trucks in the past.

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
As a disclaimer I have no personal experience with this, but IIRC I've read that the dash clearance is tight but they'll fit if they're oriented correctly. If they don't fit the first way you try them, flip them 180 degrees in the hole and they should clear. The large magnet being offset instead of centered gives you the ability to do this.

Ehall8702

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The Kappas are 4x6 plates with a 3/4 tweeter and 3" midrange. They are supposed to be a step up from the reference series. I guess I'll give it a try.
I didn't look the specifics of the speaker up, it sounds like it's a plate component speaker which is a step up from just a 4" and a plate. Infinity makes good stuff, I have had every series they make over the years except the new alpha series. Kappas are nice but a bit over priced compared to similar specced stuff from other brands. I personally like the primus series , high RMS handling and loud and clear , honestly the reference series and the primus, I can't hear any difference between, RMS is a tad higher on reference. If you are just running them off a headunit, it doesn't matter which u get as the measly 15-18 watts RMS all r gonna sound like junk. Feed em 50-100 RMS and it's a completely different story!

Lowstature

Reaction score
I just dropped the kickers in and I'm not all that pleased. I've always ran infinity or Boston Acoustic in the past but i saw the same note where crutchfield said no. Kicker installed nicely but sound tinny and the tweaters scream louder than the midrange. Seriously interested in the answer here because my peace of mind is directly influenced by the sound of my tunes and I'm not where I'd like to be.

steveed

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They are supposed to arrive today so I might put them in. I ordered them directly from infinity. No amp yet so it will only be okay. It’s a retro sound head unit it’s 18w rms max of 40w per channel.

steveed

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The speakers fit, a bit of banging to get the rear speakers to fit. Just had to hammer the bottom lip in some. Front fit just fine with the tweeters towards the center of the truck. Sounds a lot better, but still needs a sub and amp.

Now the interior is mostly apart so I need to get some mat and new carpet. Install the amp, run the wires. It's never ending....

Ehall8702

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The speakers fit, a bit of banging to get the rear speakers to fit. Just had to hammer the bottom lip in some. Front fit just fine with the tweeters towards the center of the truck. Sounds a lot better, but still needs a sub and amp.

Now the interior is mostly apart so I need to get some mat and new carpet. Install the amp, run the wires. It's never ending....
That picaso 5 channel will work, it lacks on the 5th channel but if u just need sum bottom end it'll be fine, u won't be rattling the rear vieW mirror but it should sound good. Also check into the Rockville 5 channel amps the fxa I think , is a solid amp, plenty power. If ur looking for upgradeability on the sub side, the Rockville db55 ( I think that's their 5 channel) has PLENTY power both for doors and sub. Ppl talk bad about Rockville, but their amps are solid, subs and speakers idk. Do yourself a favor while interior is out, get sum OFC speaker wire and run from each speaker to your amp location, factory wore actually chokes alot of power due to resistance. Don't get cca wire, it'll turn to dust in one winter if u get any snow where u live. Same with power wire, ofc only lol unless u like to do the wiring again or chase down opens in your wires.
And quality stereo is always more work! Down the rabbit hole you go! I've spent probably $6k in equipment in the last 4 years, worth more than the damn truck!
If u got the funds sound deadening on floor and ceiling if u can, makes a world of difference.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sherberto