front shocks for k2500 suburban HD

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

eran tomer

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
hello
i bought a set of bilstein 4600 and i'm not pleased with the front ones.
the car just loses traction on every pot hole.
(btw their mounts were too wide so i had to trim them).

my car is 8600 gvw.
what other shocks are recommended?

eran tomer

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
rockauto gives the same images for gabriel and acdelco, and they have the exact same specs. so are they some chinese junk with different decals?

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
rockauto gives the same images for gabriel and acdelco, and they have the exact same specs. so are they some chinese junk with different decals?
I have Gabriel shocks ( the ones they make for Auto zone private label) on my 99 C1500 Burb, and I'm not super happy with them. They're the lighter duty ones, not really what I would consider a "truck" shock. But they're what the shop doing the work got, so until I can afford better, they'll do. They replaced the original ones, which were well and truly done....

smdk2500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Ive been using the Monroe gas-matic on both of my 2500's. Haven't had any issues with them. They are 3/4 ton trucks from the 90's so I'm not expecting new truck ride with them but they do ride decently.

eran tomer

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
For k2500 hd i would need the “heavy duty” shocks listed in rockauto? Or can i go for the “improved handling”?

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I'm honestly surprised you had issues with the Bilsteins. Throughout the years you're only the second person I've heard of having a problem with them. Are you sure you got the correct ones for your application? Also are your torsion bars in the front cranked excessively?

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
^^^What he said x2. If torsion bars are cranked, did you get correct ride height Bilstein’s?