Front Lower Control Arms

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

wb292

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Looking at Rockauto this morning I see that Moog and MEVOTECH make them. It shows AC Delco only has the left lower available. I'm going to purchase a set of Moogs and report back.

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looking at Rockauto this morning I see that Moog and MEVOTECH make them. It shows AC Delco only has the left lower available. I'm going to purchase a set of Moogs and report back.
I don’t see LCA’s on RockAuto. Yes they have uppers.

wb292

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
MOOG RK641493 {#15020098} Complete Arm w/ Ball Joint Info
Front Right Lower; AWD
MOOG RK641492 {#15020097} Complete Arm w/ Ball Joint Info
Front Left Lower; AWD

These are the ones I'm planning to purchase.

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
MOOG RK641493 {#15020098} Complete Arm w/ Ball Joint Info
Front Right Lower; AWD
MOOG RK641492 {#15020097} Complete Arm w/ Ball Joint Info
Front Left Lower; AWD

These are the ones I'm planning to purchase.
What are you installing these in?

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My 1991 K1500 RCSB
I contacted Moog about LCA RK641493 and they said that part doesn’t fit any K Series truck. They said 92-95 AWD Astro only. Where are you confirming fitment?

wb292

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You posted GM Parts Giant showing they used the same arms. So if Moog carries the arm that fits the Astro, then it should fit the K1500. That's if the fitment charts are correct. That's just it, I haven't confirmed they fit. That's what I'm trying to do. The bushings are bad in mine. I was hoping someone here had tried this already. So I'm planning on purchasing a set and trying them on my 91. Then report back. I'll be the Gini Pig. What got me started on this is guy next door to me has a 94 AWD Astro. The arms appear to be identical to my K1500. So I would like to swap out the whole arm instead of fighting the bushings forever.

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not saying your wrong. I hope/you could be right! What I posted showed a 90-91 AWD Astro and many K series matched.
The parts in your most recent posts are correct for 92-95 AWD Astro! But I hope your right and they are the same. Definitely keep us posted.

Schurkey

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Based on the photos in the Rock Auto link, I have no idea how you're going to attach the lower end of the shock absorber.

I have zero confidence that those Astro arms fit a K-series.

When it was me, I installed Polyurethane bushings in the original outer shells; no press, no special tooling needed. Propane torch to remove the rubber, and emery cloth to clean-up the inside of the shell.

Worst parts of that job are 1) trying to get the arm to release the torsion bar, otherwise you've gotta do this with the control arm hanging off the end of the torsion bar like I did; and 2) fabricating the inner sleeves for the upper control arm bushings. The bushing supplier gives you inner sleeves for the lower bushings, but not for the uppers. Mine were totally corroded, I had to machine new sleeves out of steel tubing. This was not fun, and took forever to do since I don't own a lathe.

Prying down on the rear of the control arm with a red-handled prybar. Torsion bar has to "bend" a little--but who cares, it's spring steel.
You must be registered for see images attach

Warm up the shell--evenly as possible, all the way around--with the propane torch, the rubber poops out. Get it too hot, there's sparks, smoke, and flame. And the smell of burning rubber. Keep a garden hose/fire extinguisher handy.

One bushing, and old/new inner sleeves for upper control arm

Last edited:

wb292

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The shock mount appears to be in the same place on both. Looking at the guy next doors Astro it looks the same. But I’ll find out when I get a set. What suppler did you use for the poly bushings?