Front lower control arms

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jsfrmsj

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
As far as I know, they don't make aftermarket Lower Control Arms for 4x4's. Being that you have a K3500, you might have Forged LCA's, rather than stamped, which would be even harder to source New Old Stock from GM.

Your best bet is to try and refurbish the set you have. That said, I've been shopping around trying to get new bushings and ball joints pressed into my LCA's, the lowest I've been quoted was $900.

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
Has anyone had any luck locating lower control arms for these? Mines a 94 3500 4wd? Stock or aftermarket ?

What's wrong with the ones on the truck now? I have the forged arms, and I've done ball joints several times.... doing it now actually. I have not done the bushings.

Chewy1576

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'm gearing up do to ball joints and bushings in my forged LCA's right now also. Energy Suspension confirmed that 33134 is the correct bushing kit for forged control arms.

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
I'm gearing up do to ball joints and bushings in my forged LCA's right now also. Energy Suspension confirmed that 33134 is the correct bushing kit for forged control arms.

I didn't know urethane were available for the forged arms. I bought Prothane bushings and later realized they must be for the stamped arms.

Reaction score
Some of these parts are discontinued. I have a 1990 c1500 that I bought brand new. I am 63 years old and just rebuilt the original frontend and suspension on my truck by myself, its not that hard to do. The most aggravating job was cutting the original spot welds on the control arm bushings to be able to press them out. My truck has pressed control arms. If your control arms are still good, replace the bushings in them or get someone you can trust to do it. If I can do it, most any average person can. There are many videos that help. Just my 2 cents worth.