Front end sitting high after suspension rebuild

Discussion in 'Stock Suspension + Bolt On Kits' started by Switchdr, Nov 10, 2019 at 6:16 PM.

1. Switchdr

Switchdr Newbie

I have a 96 4wd yukon that I just replaced the all the front end rubber, joints and shocks. The torsion bars were so rusted in to the control arms I cut the control arms off and bought 2 from the junk yard. I got everything back together today and pulled it out of the garage and the front was way higher than the back and the upper control arms were maxed out. I adjusted the keys all the way and it dropped a little but the front is still way higher than the back. I have never dealt with torsion bars before, will it settle down or did I put something together wrong?

20191110_163509.jpg

2. Matt Conner

Matt Conner I'm Awesome

Are the keys off a notch? Are they off a notch in the control arms? How stiff is the front?

3. Switchdr

Switchdr Newbie

Doesnt feel too stiff, similar to my wife's 2004. I had everything torn down and the keys out so it is possible I have them a notch out. I attached a pic of the control arms as they sit right now with the key bolt almost all the way out

20191110_192442.jpg

4. L29Sub

L29Sub I'm Awesome

If you've slacked a off the adjuster cams, the bars are clocked wrong. The torsion bars set the ride height.
    Unless, wrong shocks (too long or something is badly bound up. You could rule that out by backing off the torsion adjusters. If they loosen before contacting the frame stops, somethings bound up. Be careful. The weight should be off the front end when adjusting the bars. Lots of neverseize is good too.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk