Front end sag with snow plow

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

98chevy2500SS

Specializes in Accessories 101
Reaction score
I concur. I'm a little confused why they needed to lower the torsion bars in order to align it. Usually when I bring my trucks in, they never mention that they needed to lower the bars, and were able to get the alignment done. Definitely talk to them about it and see what they can do, and if they don't want to try with the torsion bars cranked up, I'd go to a different shop.

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
Which Torsion bars do you have? Do you have the snow plow prep package?

These will be represented by RPO codes. You can look at the SPID sticker in the glove box, or use Compnine to get a list that you can save to your computer. Maybe you don't have enough spring in the front?

What size tires are you running? I do see your wheel wells look awfully full in the front with the plow on, but it also looks like you might be running 285/75R16s.

Nad_Yvalhosert

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I concur. I'm a little confused why they needed to lower the torsion bars in order to align it. Usually when I bring my trucks in, they never mention that they needed to lower the bars, and were able to get the alignment done. Definitely talk to them about it and see what they can do, and if they don't want to try with the torsion bars cranked up, I'd go to a different shop.
I suspect the "one and only alignment shop in town" didn't remove the knockouts,
put on the alignment heads
and lowered the FE until it was in the green
then set toe only.

GoToGuy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
How much is that plow wieght? You know that hiw far forward the mass is from the load attachment is higher. If it's a 600 lb plow, the suspension might actually be 700 lb. As was said earlier this might be a " you can't have it both ways ". Your truck wasn't built for this operation. It's not a "see saw", loading the bed is good idea just for traction, cornering and pushing. You can make it level but you still have the same weight on the front end.

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
How much is that plow wieght? You know that hiw far forward the mass is from the load attachment is higher. If it's a 600 lb plow, the suspension might actually be 700 lb. As was said earlier this might be a " you can't have it both ways ". Your truck wasn't built for this operation. It's not a "see saw", loading the bed is good idea just for traction, cornering and pushing. You can make it level but you still have the same weight on the front end.

He mentioned it's 800lbs..... I think it may indeed be a case of not having it both ways, if he doesn't have heavy enough t-bars in the front. I also think the knockouts still in place may be a real possibility.

Macs Garage

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is with the plow off and 680# of weight in the back.

Attachments

• PXL_20211211_195158291.jpg
    PXL_20211211_195158291.jpg
    299.3 KB · Views: 9

Macs Garage

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
This with the plow on and 680# of weight in the back. My wife appreciates the lower stance for getting in. I can live with this, still might get Timbrens though. I checked the after alignment numbers of caster, camber, and toe in compared to specs and all were with in range and close to ideal. Toe in was 1/64 and should be 1/8 though.