Front driveshaft flange to transfer case bolts

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MIKE BROGDON

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a 1994 K1500 Z71 5.7. When I bought the truck it did not have a front driveshaft (still scratching my head on that). Anyway, I was able to buy one from a local junk yard but it did not have the bolts with it, and is the 88-94 UV joint on one end and a Flange on the other. I searched the internet and have been by every salvage yard locally as well as ace hardware, Napa and orielly auto parts and have not been able to find the correct bolts to connect the front driveshaft flange to the transfer case. I also called my local GM dealership, and they were able to provide a part number (12338117), but could not give any information on a size or whereabouts to purchase the correct ones. I even tried using a bolt from my CV axel to get a ball park size, which turns about 3.5 times and stops, but still haven't been able to locate one that fit correctly. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated. Thanks Guys.

magimerlin

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So your telling us every single junk yard you've been to all have the front shaft removed... that's odd... are these u-pull-it yards or do the employees pull what you need.. if it's the second the employees are just not wanting to do it cause its only a couple bucks in bolts....

sent from what use to be a great country...

magimerlin

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Get ahold of "thz71" on here. He's easy to find in the chat thread...lol...... I think he's had more of these trucks then a dealership ever has...lol.. and parts. Might have some laying around he'd send...

sent from what use to be a great country...

MIKE BROGDON

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I went by Pick n Pull first, the only 4x4s they had were 95 and newer. I called our other two (they pull it) and requested a front driveshaft with bolts because I was so pissed at the time I would have paid $100 just for the bolts I needed and gotten an extra front driveshaft. 3/8 is too small, and M10 is too big. But I will message thz71 and see of he can shed some light on this. Thanks

livelifewideopen

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I went by Pick n Pull first, the only 4x4s they had were 95 and newer. I called our other two (they pull it) and requested a front driveshaft with bolts because I was so pissed at the time I would have paid $100 just for the bolts I needed and gotten an extra front driveshaft. 3/8 is too small, and M10 is too big. But I will message thz71 and see of he can shed some light on this. Thanks
I know this post is a couple weeks old, but I had the same issue, couldn't find any anywhere. Thank go my buddy had a parts truck laying around so I stole them off that.

MIKE BROGDON

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
They discontinued selling them. Only could provide a p/n. Problem is solved, I just ordered a brand new with all new bolts and hardware

MIKE BROGDON

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Time to follow up. It is important for me to update this so hopefully it will save someone from going through the hell I did and pissing unnecessary money away.

The drive shaft I bought few years ago didn't come with bolts, so it has been sitting in the shed this whole time. I got motivated to get this done again last week and have FINALLY found the correct bolts.

They are 7/16-14 coarse thread with a 5/8 hex head. They are the same ones used in the square body suburbans with a NP241 t case. Here is the link where I ordered them. I cant wait to finally use 4wd. I hope this helps someone.

https://torqueking.com/product/1080...MI6LXjmeXX3wIVTFqGCh0SqQF-EAQYAyABEgI-JfD_BwE