Front driveline dust boot PN?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BobPhx

Reaction score
I searched the forums a bit but no joy..
Looking for a new dust boot for front driveline / transfer case on my 98 K2500 Sub.
The interwebs seems to say the PN is 15084601, and that it replaced PN 12471199, but neither of those seems to be a thing any longer.

Surely there's a suitable substitution out there? I see several that might work, but of course there are no dimensions given, so it would be a crap shoot.

Hoping this is an easy one that has been solved before, appreciate any guidance.
thx!
Bob

Schurkey

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looking for a new dust boot for front driveline / transfer case on my 98 K2500 Sub.
Huh? What you said makes NO sense.

The "transfer case" drive shaft doesn't use a boot.

The CV axles don't attach to the transfer case.

Do you have a photo of your broken boot, so we know what you're trying to fix?

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
Huh? What you said makes NO sense.

The "transfer case" drive shaft doesn't use a boot.

The CV axles don't attach to the transfer case.

Do you have a photo of your broken boot, so we know what you're trying to fix?

Some of the drive shafts have boots, and the driveline has several, such as the CV shaft boots already mentioned.

OP has only this post and hasn't been here since August, so I wouln't worry too much about this.

I see some on Amazon, but don't know exactly what they fit.

www.amazon.com/Genuine-GM-12471527-BOOT-PROP/dp/B000QIVXM0/ref=pd_lpo_2?pd_rd_i=B000QIVXM0&psc=1