FRONT DOOR ADJUSTMENT 94 K1500

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LVJJJ

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
My 27 year old 94 Suburban is finally showing some wear. The driver's door is starting to sag and bumps up over the door latch pin when opening and closing. I can lower the door pin but then the body lines don't line up. Wanted to raise the back of the door somehow by adjusting the hinges but the Haynes (& Chilton) manual says C/K trucks have welded hinges so they can't be adjusted. That true?

If so, anyway to adjust the door without a big hammer and jack?

tsr2185

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You more then likely need pins and bushings. Open the door slightly, grab the the door firmly and pick it up and set it down. There should be almost zero play.
dont mean to highjack, but mine has zero play and sits level, but hits front fender? is this a sign of damage?

man-a-fre

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Zero play? Not buying it , lift harder with door open . i can't achieve zero play with new bushings and pins.

Last edited:

Hipster

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You can try a floor jack with a block of wood under the flat part of the door(not the edge), the tool or you can roll up an old t- t shirt or small towel like a toostie roll and place it in the jamb at the lower hinge like a wedge and try and rock the door upwards.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

GoToGuy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Open the door all the way look at the point where the pin goes through. With flashlight slowly up and down only an inch or two. The bushings are wear items meant to replaced as required. The last time i did one, a box kit has bushings and pin and spring(?). Could also be your latch and striker are are getting worn out after 86,000 opening and closings. Good luck.

1madmouse

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Whatever you do, DO NOT get a Dorman pin and bushing kit. They are the worst. Dealer here is $91.00 per door. Hopefully someone here has a good option for a quality set.