Front clip removal for major work

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DieselDetroit

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I had a question about my 95 c/k

I want to do a bunch of work on my motor and clean a lot of things up

Is it possible to remove the front clip entirely? Fenders and bumper are obvious, but I'm wanting to remove as much until the engine and frame are practically exposed.

Not sure if there are guides or tips ? I have never done this before. Also, if this is possible, is it a popular procedure for when overhauling the engine.

things I want to do
- timing chain
- balancer
- coolant hoses
- engine clean/paint eventually
- a lot of nitpicky things I will most likely get judged for
- learning experience

Thanks!

poncho62

Old Fart
Reaction score
It can be done that way...I delivery to a couple of off road truck shops...Those guys will lift the whole body and front fenders all in one piece, off a pickup to do engine work. The use the lift to do it and then work on the drivetrain below it. Seems like a lot of work to me, but they say its less hassle sometimes to do it that way.

eric.s.t

Stroked
Reaction score
you can take the entire front clip off, basicly remove the hood first, then the bumper... then you can go ahead and undo the body mounts on the front radiator support. Undo the two bolts on each fender in side the door jamb and the two at the bottom of the fenders. If you want to remove the wheel wells at the same time, which Im not convinced would happen, upid have to undo those from the fire wall... otherwise, just undo the, I think is 6 bolts, under the fender connecting the wheel wells to the fenders. Onces all those bolts are out, check all your wiring and unplug those. Get a friend or two to help your lift the front clip off. Culd be done with abit of patients!