Front brake part numbers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

joshjuniorr

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
What's the problem? What do your rotors have that theirs do not?

k dont laugh but i was going off of a thread on here for a 6 lug hub replacement guide. Apparently they 1 ton 8 lug hub rotor setup is way different lol. i'll get some pics up jic anyone else has a dee duh dee moment like i did.

joshjuniorr

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

basically the rotor doesnt slide off untill you unbolt the bearing/hub assembly from the back side and the studs hold the bearing assembly to the rotor. Odd setup imo. Ive honestly never seen anything like it. Not that i'm all knowing or anything heh

Not An SS

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey guys, been searching for rotors for my 91 2500/2WD/454/RCLB. On some sites it shows just a rotor, on some listings (NAPA and autozone, etc) it is a hub and rotor assembly. I havent had a chance to get out under the truck and pull off the wheels, can someone tell me which it might be? BTW, its 8 lug..

jerry

Gavin

It Never Ends
Reaction score
Backing Plate to Knuckle Gasket? Does it exist? Is the air gap there for cooling, or just more speed?(Joke) I know the bigger rigs have them. There was nothing there that I can recall at disassembly. Reassembled with a new spindle and I see an eighth inch gap (between the king pin base and the plate/cover) for crap to enter and destroy my seal. RA & local parts house say they have nothing. I found an AC 15699959, but it does not read to be anything that should go on this truck and does not look to be eighth inch thick. I'll make one if need be, but maybe you pros have ran into this.

Last edited:

Gavin

It Never Ends
Reaction score
Backing Plate to Knuckle Gasket? Does it exist? Is the air gap there for cooling, or just more speed?(Joke) I know the bigger rigs have them. There was nothing there that I can recall at disassembly. Reassembled with a new spindle and I see an eighth inch gap (between the king pin base and the plate/cover) for crap to enter and destroy my seal. RA & local parts house say they have nothing. I found an AC 15699959, but it does not read to be anything that should go on this truck and does not look to be eighth inch thick. I'll make one if need be, but maybe you pros have ran into this.

Never mind; I found them on my parts truck. They do exist, but I still was unable to come up with a part number.