From Ohio

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Prussian

Reaction score
New member from Northern Ohio

Purchased a 1997 Chevy K1500 this week that needs a little TLC. I have never worked on my own vehicles and mostly stayed away from anything mechanical. I would like to change that and learn, so I did a little research and was convinced to go in the direction of a 1990s Chevy truck.

It definitely has a lot that it needs but I hope to tackle one thing at a time and learn along the way the basics to DIY auto repairs.

drewcrew

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
New member from Northern Ohio

Purchased a 1997 Chevy K1500 this week that needs a little TLC. I have never worked on my own vehicles and mostly stayed away from anything mechanical. I would like to change that and learn, so I did a little research and was convinced to go in the direction of a 1990s Chevy truck.

It definitely has a lot that it needs but I hope to tackle one thing at a time and learn along the way the basics to DIY auto repairs.
Welcome to the group. You are in the right place for advice. The amount of knowledge you can access is unbelievable. Good luck with the project.

618 Syndicate

You won't...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You're in the right place. As long as you're comfortable asking questions and learning you will be surprised how much you can do yourself. Buy a decent set of hand tools, a floor jack, jack stands, and add a cordless impact and ratchet if you have the budget for them.

Frank Enstein

Best. Day. EVER!
Reaction score
I am in NE Ohio between Akron and Youngstown on route 224 I will be happy to share knowledge.

Are you nearby-ish?