Free way to stop your hitch from rattling

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

618 Syndicate

You won't...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
..Yeah, what a great attitude to have, which essentially boils down to: "Phuck everyone else, ME ME ME! That's all I care about! hahahaha, It's not my problem!" Multiply this by millions of times and yeah, that's the world we live in.. :rolleyes:
He was referring to my avatar pic....but sure, blame me for global apathy!

93crewcab

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well just got rear ended in a drive through with my hitch on and zero damage to the bumper. Only a scratch to my hitch. And I would like to inform you that there is no frame damage.

SUBURBAN5

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Drive through? So somebody bumped you?
Wifes buick got bumped too while back. Mc d. No damage accept a screw hole. Plastic bumpers smh...

93crewcab

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Drive through? So somebody bumped you?
Wifes buick got bumped too while back. Mc d. No damage accept a screw hole. Plastic bumpers smh...
Yea not sure how he hit me. He said he didn't see me.but if the hitch want there he would have messed up the bumper the 2014 bumpers are very thin. Plastic bumpers do pretty good on small hits cause they bend back.

Jermu

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
It would have to be a really had hit. A bump at 5mph to 10 mph isn't going to do anything to the frame. I'm sure the tube going from one end to the other would bend first. If a car hits you hard enough that it bends the frame the hitch wasn't going to save anything.

Don't need that big a hit, and even less if it's backed up into a solid object. Get's you around 2000€ worth o fun times, ask me how I know... And it wasn't me, the car thief did it, sumbitch got out of it with a little jail time (for I think 8 similar cases in court at the same time) and still owes me a little under 600€...

Hipster

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yea not sure how he hit me. He said he didn't see me.but if the hitch want there he would have messed up the bumper the 2014 bumpers are very thin. Plastic bumpers do pretty good on small hits cause they bend back.

So you're talking about a 2014 truck and not a gmt400 and his car was plastic and bump in a drive through? So like he ROLLED into you?

There's no comparison between a 2014 with a boxed high strength steel frame sections and a gmt400.

Holy bejeebuz.

Trenton

Just a Texan transplanted in the Rockies
Reaction score
Man guess I'm breaking the law then with my bumper lol. Shes got a 2" ball right in the middle lol. At least hitches are lower I thought. Unless you got that goofy adapter but who has one and goes up..... normally it angles down lol

Yeah exactly. I have a 6 inch drop on my ball hitch:evillol: