FRAME REBUILD/CLEANUP FROM CAB BACK

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JACK34

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Just got back to work on my 1994 this spring. Pulled the old box off and started in on the frame. Replaced all the spring hangers, shock hangers shocks, shackles, springs, u-bolts pretty much everything. New gas tank and fuel lines and fuel pump/sending unit and brake lines.

If anyone is thinking of doing this it is not as much fun as it sounds.

I did it with a air chisel and a sawzall with the Torch blade to cut off all the rivets.

I got everything from LMC except the front spring hangers and the fuel lines. LMC was out of stock on the front spring hangers so I got those at Summit and the fuel lines I got from Lines To Go in Canada. Lines To Go custom makes lines and they are great and they are expensive. But I was not going to put on plastic lines like I guess alot of people do.

Anyway, it's coming together and I have pretty much gotten the frame prepped for paint using about every tool I have to get it that way.

I used SPI"s wax and grease remover on everything and I am going to spray it with SPI Epoxy primer once it warms up.

When I started this I did not know about Lines To Go or SPI so I hope this helps anyone who may be doing the same thing. SPI and Lines To Go BTW, have the best customer service ever!! And I believe SPI has quite a following, glad I found them.

Good luck to all.

Eveready

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Good work! I always appreciate those who make sure the truck is sound from the ground up before bolting on the hot rod parts. Good idea to protect the frame considering your location. Looks like you will have a fine ride when finished.

JACK34

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
It finally warmed up here to around 90 degrees so I painted my frame with SPI black epoxy primer. Put 1 coat on yesterday and 2 more today and it worked great. 1.4 tip on a cheap Cartman gun with Devilbiss dekups made it easy. SPI is great I hope it holds up. All this work and truck values going up I might not drive in the salt.