*FOUND - 14B 9 1/2 SF*

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think I’ve found the 14 bolt SF 6 lug I’ve been looking for. It’s from a 4x4, 180K and has gearing to match front - 3.42. This is from communication:
You must be registered for see images attach

He wants $300.00, so that’s good. Aside from looking for obvious leaks and things like loose yoke or play with axles. Any thoughts on other things to check. Yeah, I suppose I could spray down ring and pinion, paint them and look for good wear patterns, but if it’s not rusted inside or noticeable pitting, I might just grab it. What about sitting for 2 years? Should I expect some interior rust?

Last edited:

TreeGeared

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
If it has been sitting and the vent is still in place it should be ok. Probably want to pull the rear cover for a fluid change anyhow. You can look at wear and corrosion at that time. As long as it is not pitted I would not worry about light surface rust. That oil stays covered on everything pretty well even sitting so may not see anything. At a minimum change the bearings out on the end of the axle tube. Check the amount of backlash in the gears. Should be pretty easy to do with it sitting as it is. If it is worn you will see a slight step on the faces of the pinion gear. Backlash limit is in service manual, don't have it on hand at the moment.

b454rat

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
It’s been awhile since bought anything there, but I wanna say last axle I bought was $150-ish. It’s been a long time. Used to buy n sell axles, that place was one of my stops but don’t do it anymore.