Forged lca bushings

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Afiggis

Reaction score
so I picked up some forged lca’s from the junkyard yesterday. Going to get them cleaned up and replace the bushings. Any recommendation on brand? Tia

RichLo

E I E I O
Reaction score
I usually just burn out the rubber and insert polyurethane. 99% of the time its quicker and easier then trying to pound out the steel sleeves.

alpinecrick

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have AC Delco OEM bushings sitting in the shop to replace the Squeaking *** polyurethane bushings I installed in my c-arms a few years ago. Nobody told me poly bushings squeaked......

And yes, I put LOTS of grease on them.

What really aggravates me even after 200K+ miles the OEM bushings I removed were in fine shape......:rolleyes:

Schurkey

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I usually just burn out the rubber and insert polyurethane. 99% of the time its quicker and easier then trying to pound out the steel sleeves.
I just finished slapping Poly upper control arm bushings into the left side of my K1500. Did upper and lower on the right side last fall. Still have the lowers to do on the left side. Maybe tomorrow. (Maybe not--the National Weather Guessing Service is saying there's a chance of 1" to 2" hail.)

I'll never install rubber bushings if I can find Polyurethane replacements. The savings in labor is just too great, there's no press or special tooling needed, you don't have to torque them at normal ride-height, AND the Poly doesn't rot like rubber.

I've never seen 200,000 mile rubber bushings that were worth using. The rubber is usually deteriorated long before then. This is what I expect to see; I replaced the entire upper control arms on my K2500 at 178,000.

You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

I have forged lower arms on my K2500; so far as I know they take the same Poly inserts as the stamped arms. That's a job I "might" get to this summer, sometime.

Last edited:

Aparke4

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I removed mine and soaked in PB blaster for a few days and took to the machine shop and had them press em out on a larger machine/ better than my ball joint press. In general, these trucks over time really wedge bushing in. I thought about poly but decided with rubber for stock ish ride.

also did ball joints and motor mounts- easier to reach clam shell bolts with lower arms out.

1996 k2500 3/4 ton FYI

Schurkey

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Where did you find motor mount cushions? All I could find was thin-sheetmetal import junk, and Poly inserts that didn't fit right.

alpinecrick

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Where did you find motor mount cushions? All I could find was thin-sheetmetal import junk, and Poly inserts that didn't fit right.

My buddy installed Anchor 2637's (made in CoronaVirusLand) a couple years ago, so far they haven't melted..........

They went on a 98 Suburban.

White96k2500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I used acdelco bushings had to get them pressed in but was only $40 But i got old ones out By myself by drilling a bunch of holes in then and beating them with a 3lb mini sledge and a metal rod, took me a couple hours to do both