For the Corvette guys on GMT 400 dot com

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

subseawellhead

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
'68. That wiper door. One year only? Does it treat you nice? No
A long-time buddy had one of only 3 '69 L/88's sold in Canada, and the only L88 over all 3 years of production to be equipped with 3.08's. Daytona Yellow coupe. 4 gear.
I did get a ride in it. Shotgun only, though. (Only! Even still... Yea...WoW!)
He did drive it, too. The way it was meant to be driven. HeHe!
Had the dash autographed by Zora.
Along with a pic of the two of them in front of the car, Zora's arm over the shoulder of the owner. Signed with a personalized message. "To George. My L/88 crazy friend."
Used to go by '200MPH L88' on the various Corvette forums.
500+HP (540? 580? Depends on who you talk too.) + 3.08's!
Had the radar gun read-outs to back that up.
IIRC, by a fellow 'vette-owning gear-head cop buddy somewhere in Arizona. This is somebodys avatar CF
(But you didn't hear that from me!)

George had a '68 L88 at one time too, and still has some other ultra-rare Canadian sold/produced muscle cars.
Never saw the '68 other than pix.
Vacuum operated wipers, cowl door, headlights. I know the system well
You must be registered for see images attach

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
sewlow, that is bad *** right there, S 10 ?
EVH's Van Hauler. A '93 400.
Designed & built by Boyd & Brad Fanshaw back in the early/mid '90's. Full C4 running gear inc. the LT1 350
That pic is L>R, Fanshaw, EVH & Coddington on the day the truck was delivered to 5150 Studios.
Two Van Haulers were made.
Eddie had the more toned down version, while the other got the full EVH Frankenstein guitar-based striped paint job.
#2 was a magazine contest give-away vehicle.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Well, couldnt find wifey a red '08 vert, she had to settle for a silver '07 coupe.
1 year old, 3K miles, LS2 powered

This was her Daily driver for the next 10 years, Had over 110K when sold in 2019

What kind of Corvette did you replace it with?

subseawellhead

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
What kind of Corvette did you replace it with?
Well, actually I modded this one a little bit and added a third Corvette
Mods on the LS2 engine were LG longtubes, X pipe w/o cats, and SLP Loudmouth exhaust system and of course had to have a tune w/ the longtubes. Sounded fantastic !! Bought all mods used on CF.com
368hp/360torque in chassis dyno.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Let's see the 3rd! The way this post flows I figured this was your last one. That auto really sucks up the power, doesn't it? I don't suppose you dyno'd it stock? I have an 04 C5Z myself.

Most with longtubes make 375-385. I also have a 3" catless x-pipe, a ram air intake, air bridge, coupler, leaned out PE a little, and 20# less clutch than stock. I figure I ought to be on the high end of that. I have a mid sized cam for it, I want to see what it dynos after that. Hoping for 420 or better, but we all know the numbers tend to fall short of what we want. If I had to guess, your exhaust took on a more shrill note with the goodies?