Fog Lights in Place of Tow Hooks?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GoreMaker

Reaction score
Are there any fog lights that would fit the openings in the front valance where the tow hooks stick out on my 1999 Suburban? I don't need tow hooks, but I could sure use some good fog lights

GoreMaker

Reaction score
...guess not.

I asked LMC Truck, and their reply was "here's a link to the fog lights we currently sell" (which didn't answer my question at all)

Drunkcanuk

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I don't think there are any direct fit lights. But if you grab a tape measure and see what size the opening is, probably gonna find a light that fits. And then come up with a mounting solution.
Sorry if it's not the easy answer that you were probably looking for, but it's not the hardest project to tackle.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Well. . . do said foglights claim to fit where the tow hooks go? Either way, check out this thread for some lighting motivation, I'm pretty sure it eventually got lights poking through that plastic valence.

GoreMaker

Reaction score
Well. . . do said foglights claim to fit where the tow hooks go?
No, said fog lights were round.

My question isn't so much "is there a custom way to install lights in a custom place on my truck?" but rather "is there an OEM-style retrofit solution?". If the answer is no, then I'll figure something else out.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score

My question isn't so much "is there a custom way to install lights in a custom place on my truck?" but rather "is there an OEM-style retrofit solution?". If the answer is no, then I'll figure something else out.

Check the thread, I don't recall what he did but it wasn't an exotic mounting solution from what I recall.

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score

Yeah, I'm in the same situation, wanting to enhance/upgrade the lighting on the front of my trucks, and I'd rather use a factory style or at least factory ish solution....

b454rat

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
LMC sells the SS454/sport truck lower balance with fog holes. I think I got em from Amazon, but got the factory lights for said truck. Can adapt the wiring or LMF sells the pigtails. I haven’t used em yet, but they go on like factory, cause technically, they are. The lights come with the mounting brackets.