Fog light switch - dash bezel install hicup

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JJZ71

OBS for life
Reaction score
I picked up an extra cargo light switch and a fog light switch from the scrap yard today and now have to find the correct bezel to put them in. I want to say 88GMCTRUCK made a post or commented in a post YEARS ago with pictures of all the different switches and bezels for the cargo, passenger airbag, fog light area of the dash - Anyone seen it or know what I am talking about? I want to keep the stock look as much as possible.

Set up thoughts were:
Top bezel - Fog light switch
Middle bezel - blank or drill holes and mount the microphone for radio behind it
Bottom bezel - passenger airbag switch

I have the manual shifter (a must when I was looking for the truck) for my 4x4, so switch plate is empty where the 4H,2H actuator switches would be. Want to put the cargo light switches side by side.

98chevy2500SS

Specializes in Accessories 101
Reaction score
Find a bezel out of an Escalade/Denali, or a Tahoe/Suburban that has three switches. Those switch bezels will have the three cutouts for your switches. I'd check Ebay or a junk yard for the bezel.

Z71Hobbs

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I can help with the vertical retainers-I have spares of every gm made one.

There wasn’t an option that left a blank spot in the middle, so you’d have to combine a couple to make that happen. Personally I’d run fog up top, aux in the middle, and airbag on bottom.

If you wanted another fog, then run a horizontal one (I have spares that I’ll let go). The cargo switch is actually smaller than the switches that go in the smaller horizontal bezel opening.

Last edited:

JJZ71

OBS for life
Reaction score
The fog switch and passenger airbag are the same size - my cargo switches are smaller. So I'm going to need two bezels, cut them and connect them together is what were saying? I'm not coming across a bezel that looks like it will work so far. Need 15694886 with openings on top/bottom and a cover in the center
I would like to keep it looking clean with both cargo switches down low next to eachother if possible. Figured I could dremmel openings in the blank I have for the 4x4 fairly easy. Its the stacked configuration that is giving me fits

You must be registered for see images attach

Z71Hobbs

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The fog switch and passenger airbag are the same size - my cargo switches are smaller. So I'm going to need two bezels, cut them and connect them together is what were saying? I'm not coming across a bezel that looks like it will work so far. Need 15694886 with openings on top/bottom and a cover in the center
I would like to keep it looking clean with both cargo switches down low next to eachother if possible. Figured I could dremmel openings in the blank I have for the 4x4 fairly easy. Its the stacked configuration that is giving me fits

You must be registered for see images attach
Gm didn’t make what you are looking for, so you’d have to marry two bezels together. The cargo switches are smaller than the switches that were designed for the small area next to the steering column, so you’ll have to get creative there. I have all of the various retainers-send me a pm if you want some (cheaper than eBay).