Flowmaster- MagnaFlo Part Number

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Barry769

Reaction score
Can anybody help me out with the partner part numbers for these 2 brands of mufflers for a 1996 K 2500, 8600 Gross vehicle weight. I live in a big city Houston Texas Texas bend the 5 muffler shops and they didn't know anything about mufflers it seems. I'm an old guy just looking for some recommendations. Thanks for any help appreciated..

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Sounds like you're looking for exact-fit replacements for the OEM muffler? I don't think Flowmaster or Magnaflow offer that; any shop is going to have to cut your old muffler out and weld in new parts.

You didn't mention where in the big ol city you're located but I highly recommend Ace's, they have several locations, stock a lot of aftermarket stuff, do good work, and are priced lower than quite a few other places I've been to - by a lot.

Richard

SUBURBAN5

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Can anybody help me out with the partner part numbers for these 2 brands of mufflers for a 1996 K 2500, 8600 Gross vehicle weight. I live in a big city Houston Texas Texas bend the 5 muffler shops and they didn't know anything about mufflers it seems. I'm an old guy just looking for some recommendations. Thanks for any help appreciated..
Being from houston. I've been looking for a good muffler shop as well. I've heard of some on 1960. I'm in spring. Think it's called ripleys. But I havent taking my truck to get an exhaust system. It's in the plan for the new future.
@HotWheelsBurban @someotherguy and @SUBURBAN5 may have some input for ya on a shop, They're in that general area I believe.

Need some more information about what kind of sound/performance you're looking for for muffler recommendations.
I wish I could help but theres a lot of shady shops here. Which is why I haven't takin mine yet. I've heard of a place up in spring on 1960. But I've never used them. Neighbor recommend them.

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
I've heard more than a few people recommend Ripleys but I have no personal experience with them. I can say there are a couple of places I won't go anymore - Southwest Muffler on Hwy 6, and Meme's Muffler on W Little York. They do good work, no doubt, but are way overpriced. I fully expect people to earn a living from their work but jeezus man you don't have to skin everyone that comes in. I'd had work done in the past at both places and got reasonable rates then they both just jacked up prices sky high in the past few years so I moved along. Ace's did a Magnaflow universal style cat on my SS for almost half the price Southwest wanted for the same exact job, plus fixed up a hanger that Corsa got wrong (too short) on the catback kit.

Richard

98chevy2500SS

Specializes in Accessories 101
Reaction score
Like others have said, you haven't specified which type of system you want to go with. Factory Quiet? Decent rumble? Aggressive?

Here's some recommendations which ever route you decide to choose:

- Factory quiet: Walker Quiet-Flow SS from RockAuto
- Decent rumble: Magnaflow 18" or Flowmaster 50 series
- Aggressive: Flowmaster 40 Original series or Flowmaster Super 10

Barry769

Reaction score
Like others have said, you haven't specified which type of system you want to go with. Factory Quiet? Decent rumble? Aggressive?

Here's some recommendations which ever route you decide to choose:

- Factory quiet: Walker Quiet-Flow SS from RockAuto
- Decent rumble: Magnaflow 18" or Flowmaster 50 series
- Aggressive: Flowmaster 40 Original series or Flowmaster Super 10
I was looking at a flowmaster Delta flow. I'm gonna leave the catalytic converters. The stock muffler is beyond huge and and very restrictive for sure. I want to get a better sound and less restriction that's my goal. The engine was reworked By G and G motors , I still gotta do PC M swap

Barry769

Reaction score
I've heard more than a few people recommend Ripleys but I have no personal experience with them. I can say there are a couple of places I won't go anymore - Southwest Muffler on Hwy 6, and Meme's Muffler on W Little York. They do good work, no doubt, but are way overpriced. I fully expect people to earn a living from their work but jeezus man you don't have to skin everyone that comes in. I'd had work done in the past at both places and got reasonable rates then they both just jacked up prices sky high in the past few years so I moved along. Ace's did a Magnaflow universal style cat on my SS for almost half the price Southwest wanted for the same exact job, plus fixed up a hanger that Corsa got wrong (too short) on the catback kit.

Richard
Mayco on Gessner wants 650 to replace muffler and run dual pipes put the corners. From the muffler on back it's not much pipe and it's a pretty easy Bend and Weld no obstructions. I just really wanted the muffler cut off and in a side exit's fine with me

Barry769

Reaction score
Sounds like you're looking for exact-fit replacements for the OEM muffler? I don't think Flowmaster or Magnaflow offer that; any shop is going to have to cut your old muffler out and weld in new parts.

You didn't mention where in the big ol city you're located but I highly recommend Ace's, they have several locations, stock a lot of aftermarket stuff, do good work, and are priced lower than quite a few other places I've been to - by a lot.

Richard
I'm in the Spring branch area of Houston. I've had 3 tell me that they don't do performance Exhaust systems I said what are you talking about I just drove off.